UK-US travel, 2021/2022

Great news!
Now just need to find out about children.
I do feel for anyone who was booked for the first week of November though.

I've booked flights for next August.

Going for 3 weeks and it might actually be cheaper to buy a car than hire one for that length of time. Those prices :scared:

Not sure if you're staying on property or not, but theres a real argument to just using Disney transportation and then Uber/Lyft if you need to travel further afield because hire prices are obscene at the moment.

We would have definitely done that, but I use an electric scooter so we are kind of commited to a car hire because Disney bus waits can get kind of long if theres a lot of scooters waiting!

Note that some off-airport locations still have real bargains when it comes to car hire. You probably need to use an online travel agent - I find Kayak good - as they will look both at the airport and all offices in the locality. Saw an SUV for collection at the executive airport at Miami from Hertz and it was a quarter of the price of picking the same vehicle up at MIA itself.

I posted this as part of a reply in another thread, but I thought it might be useful in here (rather than in with 'December').

HOT TIP: Get an NHS vaccination certificate now (no matter they only last a month) and check your names, etc, match your passport(s). If not I believe you need to contact your GP to get it corrected and that can take a couple of weeks - so it said on the website.
(Turned out my NHS doc didn't have my middle name, unlike my passport, so I had to take a bit of of a gamble filling out my Spanish entry form - which could only be done a day or two before travel. Being Canaria of course it mattered not a jot (scanned the QR code, said welcome and pointed to the way out - didn't even get the advertised temperature screening), but I wouldn't want to test US immigration on that nuance.)

Per post above, from the NHS App help:

What to do if your name, address, date of birth or NHS number are incorrect in the NHS App
If these details are incorrect or out of date, contact your GP surgery and ask them to update your details. They will then update your NHS record. Any changes made there will appear in the NHS App.

Anyone else getting a bit nervous about the rise in cases here in the UK and the potential of further lockdown as we move toward the end of the year. I doubt the US will go back on their border opening declaration, but I must admit, after the last 18 months I am generally always expecting the worse!

Anyone else getting a bit nervous about the rise in cases here in the UK and the potential of further lockdown as we move toward the end of the year. I doubt the US will go back on their border opening declaration, but I must admit, after the last 18 months I am generally always expecting the worse!

A bit. I was going to buy some Drawn To Life tickets this weekend but I'm going to leave it til nearer the time now.

I live in the UK, but will be travelling from Dublin on an Irish passport, so hopefully should be spared any of the repercussions from decisions being made off the back of rising cases in the UK.

Having just booked the flights at the weekend just gone, I haven't been able to muster the same enthusiasm as I have for previous visits. It's a cross between doubts that it'll happen and concerns about what it'll be like over there.

I haven't even really started factoring in how the whole Disney Genie+ shenanigans will impact it.

Hopefully by the time we travel I can just relax and enjoy it.

I live in the UK, but will be travelling from Dublin on an Irish passport, so hopefully should be spared any of the repercussions from decisions being made off the back of rising cases in the UK.

Having just booked the flights at the weekend just gone, I haven't been able to muster the same enthusiasm as I have for previous visits. It's a cross between doubts that it'll happen and concerns about what it'll be like over there.

I haven't even really started factoring in how the whole Disney Genie+ shenanigans will impact it.

Hopefully by the time we travel I can just relax and enjoy it.

Will you have spent time in Dublin/Ireland before going to the US? If not (and the new rule is similar to the old rule), you'd still be caught. The wording is "spent time in UK/Europe in last 14 days". I had the same issue when getting into the US from Canada this summer (I'm a Canadian living in Europe). To be honest, I'm not sure what they can see when they scan your passport or how often they thumb through your passport to look for stamps, but I decided not to risk it and just planned so that I spent enough time in Canada before going to the US that it wasn't an issue.

Will you have spent time in Dublin/Ireland before going to the US? If not (and the new rule is similar to the old rule), you'd still be caught. The wording is "spent time in UK/Europe in last 14 days". I had the same issue when getting into the US from Canada this summer (I'm a Canadian living in Europe). To be honest, I'm not sure what they can see when they scan your passport or how often they thumb through your passport to look for stamps, but I decided not to risk it and just planned so that I spent enough time in Canada before going to the US that it wasn't an issue.

The travel ban is being removed on November 8 and everyone is planning / talking about travel to USA AFTER the travel ban is removed. The PP is talking about rules for UK people LEAVING UK the rules imposed by the UK Government on UK citizens, not about UK people being allowed to enter USA, the rules imposed by USA Government.

The travel ban is being removed on November 8 and everyone is planning / talking about travel to USA AFTER the travel ban is removed. The PP is talking about rules for UK people LEAVING UK the rules imposed by the UK Government on UK citizens, not about UK people being allowed to enter USA, the rules imposed by USA Government.

Possibly. Not really clear given the flow of the quoted threads. Could also be the possibility (though unlikely) of the US reneging on removing the ban. Either way, if the ban isn't lifted, flying via another country and/or on another passport will not help. Not that I think it likely that the ban won't be lifted.

So, today's the day we should find out what the entry requirements are to get in to the USA.

Hope we don't have to wait too long into the evening our time!

US details new international COVID-19 travel requirements
By ZEKE MILLER and DAVID KOENIG

WASHINGTON (AP) — Two weeks before a new vaccination requirement kicks in for most foreign travelers to the U.S., the Biden administration detailed the new international COVID-19 air travel polices, including exemptions for kids, and new federal contact tracing requirements.

Beginning on Nov. 8, foreign, non-immigrant adults traveling to the United States will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with limited exceptions, and all travelers will need to be tested for the virus before boarding an aircraft to the U.S., with tightened restrictions for those who are not fully vaccinated.

The new policy comes as the Biden administration moves away from broader country-based travel restrictions and bans toward what it terms a “vaccinations-based” system focused on the individual risk of the traveler. It almost reflects the White House’s embrace of vaccination requirements in an effort to drive more Americans to get vaccinated by piling on inconveniences to those remaining without a shot.

Under the policy, those who are unvaccinated will need to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test within a day of travel, while those who are vaccinated will be allowed to present a test taken within three days of travel.

Children under 18 will not be required to be fully vaccinated, given the inconsistency in the global roll-out of shots for their age cohort, but those aged 2 and over will be subjected to the same COVID-19 testing policy as their parent or guardian.

The Biden administration has been working with airlines, who will be required to enforce the new procedures, to explain the new policies so they can prepare for implementation. Airlines will be mandated to verify vaccine records and match them against identify information. They will also need to make certain that the shots given are on the Food and Drug Administration or World Health Organization’s approved list. Mixing-and-matching of approved shots will be permitted.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s quarantine officers will spot-check passengers after arrival in the U.S. for compliance, according to an administration official. Airlines that don’t enforce the requirements could be subject to penalties of up to nearly $35,000 per violation.

The administration announced limited exceptions to the vaccination requirement, including children, those who participated in COVID-19 clinical trials, who have medical reasons for not getting vaccinated, or are from a country where shots are not widely available. Unvaccinated residents of countries with vaccination rates below 10% of adults may be admitted to the U.S. with a government letter authorizing travel for pressing, non-tourism purposes, the administration said.

CDC is also requiring airlines to collect contact information for international air travelers regardless of vaccination status to facilitate contact tracing.

Does anyone know where to get antigen tests approved for travel to us in Ireland. The ones I can get locally, I am unsure if they are acceptable or not.

I guess there may be more info available soon but I am impatient! :surfweb:

Do you think a certificate saying the test conducted was a regulatory approved test in a GCLP accredited facility is enough for the cdc and them asking for a supervised test. I'm getting one done in a pharmacy.

Do you think a certificate saying the test conducted was a regulatory approved test in a GCLP accredited facility is enough for the cdc and them asking for a supervised test. I'm getting one done in a pharmacy.
The CDC is a step or two removed. They will advise the government what tests they recommend. The govt will liaise with immigration (or homeland security maybe) as to what documentation should required to show those tests have been done and immigration/hs will instruct their agents and the airlines on what to demand before boarding or entry, and post-entry as applicable.

I think it's all still being worked out.
If it is already decided then you need to find the official line, because what we think is really not going to impress the person deciding if you get to travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts