UG vs. TGM

tjevans

DIS Veteran
First, let me be clear . . . I AM NOT PUTTING DOWN EITHER THE UNOFFICIAL GUIDE OR TOUR GUIDE MIKE.

That being said, I recently subscribed to TGM, and, well . . . I'm disappointed. If anything, it has made me more anxious about planning my WDW vacation. To me, it makes it seem more work.

I've been to WDW over fifteen times. The last two times, I used the UG and walked onto every ride with no wait over fifteen minutes (in July) and no wait at all in December. And neither time was I a "touring plan nazi." We deviated from the plan, and got right back on.

I'm still looking at TGM, but it doesn't seem like I have enough time to plan using it before my December vacation. Is there anyone else who has found it not helpful, or too much work?

Simple solution

Follow the AVP step by step. You can't just skip thru it and accomplish anything towards your vacation.
If you follow Mike's step by step program you will provide yourself with the most perfect vacation you have ever had.
I am a veteran of WDW> Having gone yearly since the opening of the MK.
Since signing up for TGM's AVP my vacations have been absolutely perfect.
Have never waited in line over 10 minutes. Usually less than 5 minutes.
have seen and done everything we wanted to with no hassel and no problems.
The only people who don't benefit from the AVP are those who just glance at it and say - ooh too hard to figure out. It isn't
Again, just follow it step by step and you'll see. Otherwise forget it and let those of us who do benefit while you wait in line etc.
:earboy2:

tjevans said:
First, let me be clear . . . I AM NOT PUTTING DOWN EITHER THE UNOFFICIAL GUIDE OR TOUR GUIDE MIKE.

That being said, I recently subscribed to TGM, and, well . . . I'm disappointed. If anything, it has made me more anxious about planning my WDW vacation. To me, it makes it seem more work.

I've been to WDW over fifteen times. The last two times, I used the UG and walked onto every ride with no wait over fifteen minutes (in July) and no wait at all in December. And neither time was I a "touring plan nazi." We deviated from the plan, and got right back on.

I'm still looking at TGM, but it doesn't seem like I have enough time to plan using it before my December vacation. Is there anyone else who has found it not helpful, or too much work?

Wow I guess I need to get one of these guides.... where do I get them? What do they cost?

The Unofficial Guide is a book, available at most book stores. Just search on amazon or your store of choice for Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World. Make sure you get the most recent edition. They also have a website,touringplans.com.

Tour Guide Mike is a website, tourguidemike.com. At first glance, it seems to have a lot more information, and I'm not sure I like how it is organized.

Ohhhh good lord!!!!! ( oops.... somebody notify the DIS police, that looks like a religious reference!!! )

Anyhow, Ohhhh Jeez!!! Not this thread AGAIN!!!!

Why the heck does this have to be a big point of contention... We are talking about numerous great products... some may like ones over others... some may be the absolute GREATEST in one respect, while another may be different or better in another....

You know, sometimes a want a Chicken Sandwich or a Salad at Wendy's for lunch... Hey, maybe a Mexican Pizza at Taco Bell... Once in a great while even a Whopper from BK might be good.

"Can't we all just get-along"! :earboy2:

I love TGM and have learned so much just in the last two weeks I have had it. It doesn't seem like that much work to me because I am WDW crazy and would do anything to make my vacation perfect. Here's a solution...use it for your next trip, and if it doesn't work, don't re-subscribe. For me, I can tell it's the best $20 bucks I could have spent. Good luck in your planning!

P.S. Tour Guide Mike is a website...go check it out. www.tourguidemike.com

Wishing on a star said:
Ohhhh good lord!!!!! ( oops.... somebody notify the DIS police, that looks like a religious reference!!! )

Anyhow, Ohhhh Jeez!!! Not this thread AGAIN!!!!

I was hesitant to post it for that very reason. I have nothing against either reference, and agree different strokes for different folks. I just wanted to know if it was "just me" that didn't get TGM or if there are others out there.

tjevans said:
I was hesitant to post it for that very reason. I have nothing against either reference, and agree different strokes for different folks. I just wanted to know if it was "just me" that didn't get TGM or if there are others out there.

Nope, not just you. I didn't get it either. I'll stick with the UG. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter