Typhoon Lagoon in Feb?

E

eeyoresmom

I promised my kids that as long as it's 70 degrees that day we'll go. I'm guessing it opens unless it's realllllly cold,any opinions.?We're from the NE so as long as the water is heated I think we'll be ok.

well we went last year Presidents week and have done on every previous trip that week. It turned cold at the end of the following week last year though. It was pretty busy and we left by about 2 pm as the kids had had enough.
P.S. we're from Scotland so the temp in Feb in Florida is like a hot summer day to us.

We were there last feb and it was 75 f, just right for TL. It was later in the day that the temp dropped.
In feb 2001 it was far hotter 82 f during daytime though I think this was unseasonal.

We were there the last many last week of Febs and it's hit or miss. Last year there was steam coming off the BWV pool. Two years ago we were at TL 3 times. We have also been on a warm day after a long cold spell and it wasn't worth it.

Good luck!

We always go to Disney in Feb and always visit TL we've had some really warm days but we are coming from England and so the weather seems very warm by comparision to our home.

I have gone twice since it reopned last sunday and the weather was in the low to mid 60's. The water is a little cool but will warm up by ferbruary, I noticed the day after it reopens from rehab that the pool water is colder than the shark reef. I was going to go today since TL is my favorite, but the weather did not hit 50f until around noon. I have swam at TL when it was 53f. The weather in feb can be warm or cool it is just hard to tell until you get closer to your vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter