Typhoon Lagoon H2O Glow - thoughts?

I’m pretty sure we’re going on Saturday but I still want to give it one or two more days to wait on weather. We’re planning on driving to the water park since buses back haven’t been great

Is anyone aware of this event ever selling out? I hear a lot of people saying they are going to wait on weather forecasts before buying tickets, and I wasn't sure if a sellout was a possibility?

I’m getting pretty worried about the weather for tonight. I guess we’ll see how it goes

Idk how but the storm managed to not hit typhoon lagoon! I heard someone say it was pouring at Epcot. We had an amazing time at the event. We got there at 6 pm and every slide was a walk on. We went on everything many times. They gave us light up bracelets when we walked in which are a nice keepsake. We’re annual passholders so we did the m&g with bo peep. It’s cool that they do something special like that.

We wouldn’t do it again this year but it was a really fun event for a once a summer type of thing. We don’t have the water parks on our APs so this was a good chance for us to do typhoon lagoon.

We went last night 6/29 too! This was our first time at TL, so we really had to familiarize ourselves with the area. I think we rode all the slides, most were pretty short waits. We didn’t plan to meet with the characters. But there were hardly any lines, so we did. We also met Bo-Peep for the first time, since we just validated our APs. The weather turned out to be very nice. I was actually quite cold by the Endor the night, and would have loved a cup of hot chocolate to warm up! We didn’t use the shuttle and drove instead, because of the earlier reviews. Overall it was a great introduction to Typhoon Lagoon! But if we end up adding the water parks to our APs, I wouldn’t do the party again. I would just go during normal hours.

We are planning on doing this next month. Does anyone know if there are free snacks like at the other pm events or if there are free glow in the dark stuff ???

Planning on the last Wednesday scheduled in August and I will wait until the day of to buy tickets. Hoping for clear weather, very excited to try this event.

Planning on the last Wednesday scheduled in August and I will wait until the day of to buy tickets. Hoping for clear weather, very excited to try this event.

We are doing the same - except the last one on the Saturday. As we get closer, I may call to see if I can get a feel availability vs. capacity.

Hi all - just back from a great trip & wanted to share our experience from Sat. 7/13. We are a family of three, myself, DH & DD13, traveling with another family of three. None of us have ever been to the water parks (we spend all our time in the parks & use the WL pool). To put it into one sentence - we had a blast!

After reading about the situations with the buses in previous posts, we decided to drive our cars. So I can not comment on where buses were running to at the end of the event.

We arrived approx 7:00 (spent all day at AK). Very easy check in process, as the tickets were on our Magic Bands. We each received a light up wrist band at the gate. Being we had never been to TL before, we needed a map to find our way to get towels...lol...then headed to find beach chairs near the wave pool. The park was still open to the day guests & at first the wave pool seemed crowded. but by 8:15, most of the day guests had left the park. In all, we went on all of the slides the girls wanted to go on & raft rides with no wait time. DD13 & her friend 10 loved the slides. Myself & the other mom loved the lazy river (after a long humid day at AK).

We did not try any of the food or drinks, as the girls were in the pool or on the slides the full time. They spend the last 30 minutes in the wave pool with their dads. While walking around, the girls did meet Woody, Jessie & Buzz (Bo Peep was only for passholders I believe). There was even a spot for Forky (he was a blow up prop, but fun to see!) Photopass photographers were at each location. On the way to the exit, there was another photopass location with the H2O Glow sign behind you - nice memory of the event.

The DJ was great, he played a good mix of music.

If offered again next summer, we will definitely go again. It was a great way to spend the evening. It was not crowded, there was no sun or humidity to deal with & everything was a walk on.

We just went to this party on Thursday, July 25. We had a blast!! All slides were walk-on for us until around 10pm when the wait was maybe 5 minutes. Wave pool was super fun, music was great, loved the special light-up wristbands, all-in-all this is a great family event.

However.....I had done my research and pre-knew there was a chance we wouldn't have direct bus transportation back to our resort after the party. We were staying at YC CL, so we asked a CM who was very helpful and knowledgeable during our whole stay - she said there are definitely direct buses back to our resort afterward. So we were ecstatic and didn't bother planning a different route. Unfortunately, when we got to the bus stop around 10:50pm, there was a CM standing nearby who said we'd have to take a bus to DS and then catch our resort bus. He said it was no big deal and DS was right across the street, and a DS bus was indeed just pulling in. So we thought - why not? Well, the reason why not is the 43-minute wait that happened once we got to DS. Something really went wrong and the CM's ended up combining the BW/Swan/Dolphin bus with the BC/YC bus because there were literally 100's of people waiting at both stops for almost an hour. Not a great end to our night, but an experience we'll always remember! :) We will definitely do this party again in the future, but just plan on a Minnie van back to our resort.

Reporting back that we did the final one of the summer, on 8/24. It was our first trip to TL, and I would say that we (me41, DW41, DS13 and DS9) were extremely unimpressed with the slides. Our local waterpark and others we have been to on vacation were much better. The slides were overall really short and not that exciting. We were also at Volcano Bay earlier in the week which is about 20x better than this park, especially for the fact that you don't have to carry the tubes anywhere.

With all of that said, I couldn't believe (a) how much my boys LOVED the large waves in the wave pool, and (b) that there were no major injuries sustained by anyone in the wave pool. When you look up and see 7 people riding the top of the wave every time the big wave comes, its just hard to imagine that they don't deal with major collisions all day long, but I didn't see a single one so I guess it doesn't happen.

I also can't imagine how crowded the wave pool must be during regular hours, since it was packed for the entire 3 hour event.

The event was okay, the DJ did a great job, but the park was disappointing.

I would consider coming back to this particular event in the future, but I would not consider going to TL in any other capacity.

I forgot to write my review - Myself, DH and my two sons (late teens/early twenties) went to this party on August 15th. To my big surprise - this was the event that all of them said they liked the most out of all the things we did - haha! We had great weather and it didn't feel crowded anywhere. Loved the special food and drinks and we tried a lot (we had the dining plan so we ate dinner here as a QS meal). Both my sons loved the wave pool. All of them said they'd want to do this again if we're back next summer. Go figure! I personally love being in the pool in the evening and not needing all the suntan lotion - lol! All the fun floats in the lazy river were cool as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!