Two small contracts and is this reasonable?

Yes, they cannot be banked. It means the owner cancelled a reservation 30 or fewer days out. Holding means you cannot use those points except to book 60 days or less out and they expire at the end of the UY. So you can't use them to book at seven months out, just two months out.

Thank you.

Holding is not a reason not to buy, however you loose the potential for banked, useable points and the value is less. Buying a fully loaded contract with banked points will allow you to start with less points initially and meet your goals or you can keep rolling forward to keep your "bank" full. As Deb & Bill pointed out, the owner cancelled a reservation on short notice, so there is most likely an urgent financial reason to sell...depending on the resort and ROFR trends you might be able to offer a lower, but fair price. I always try to put the shoe on the other foot and think about what I might think is fair in that event so that it is more likely I can at least start a negotiation and hopefully land a good deal.

I commend you for doing your homework and asking the right questions!

Holding is not a reason not to buy, however you loose the potential for banked, useable points and the value is less. Buying a fully loaded contract with banked points will allow you to start with less points initially and meet your goals or you can keep rolling forward to keep your "bank" full. As Deb & Bill pointed out, the owner cancelled a reservation on short notice, so there is most likely an urgent financial reason to sell...depending on the resort and ROFR trends you might be able to offer a lower, but fair price. I always try to put the shoe on the other foot and think about what I might think is fair in that event so that it is more likely I can at least start a negotiation and hopefully land a good deal.

I commend you for doing your homework and asking the right questions!

Good idea and info. Thanks. Although this particular contract has more points than I think I want. Trying not to break the bank on maintenance fees.

To me you sound like the type of person who should really rent some points and do a DVC stay before buying. I think you like hotels, and I think you might be disappointed when the DVC timeshare experience doesn't match your hotel expectations. The way to get some insurance before you buy is to rent some points and get a feel for how DVC differs from staying in a Deluxe hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter