Two ships at CC? Explain.

PiMCTaylor

Earning My Ears
So, perusing #disneycruiseline on Instagram this morning (five days until I leave on the Fantasy, I'm too excited for words), I came across a picture of one of the ships IN port taken from another ship, one that was apparently a DVC cruise. This appears to have happened in the last few days does anyone know what I'm talking about? Was anyone on either of these cruises? And if so, and both ships were in port, how crowded was the island?

Someone else also posted a pic of the wonder from the other ship, and said they were told it was very rare for the ships to see each other out on the sea. I don't want to post the pics on here as they do not belong to me, but if you use the hash tag above on Instagram, they were both posted within the last few days.

Thanks!

Only one ship can dock at CC each day. The other was just passing by for a horn war. It doesn't happen often.

Every once in a while for no apparent reason while one of the DCL ships are at CC one of the others will pass by on a sea day. They'll usually either make a few passes and do a horn war or make one pass and keep going. There's no rhyme or reason or schedule it kinda just happens that way.

There is only dock space for one ship at a time...so you'll never have the guests from 2....at least so far.

Hi there! We were on the Dream DVC Member Cruise. We didn't have a stop in Nassau, so we were close to Castaway Cay. Captain Gus announced that we were going to go past and horn battle them, and that a photographer on the beach was going to take a photo of both ships there. It is VERY rare to get a photo of a ship docked at CC from another ship, usually you only get photos of your own!
We were going to CC the following day. We approached the island, slowed to an almost stop, blasted our horn and was answered by the Fantasy. It was really cool. Then, we pulled away and were able to watch the Fantasy pull out of CC. We then went back out to sea until early the next morning for our day at CC.
So the 2 ships were in the same locale, but not docked at the island together.
They had the photo of the 2 ships available for purchase, and we got it just because we were technically in the photo, on the Dream! :)

Although I would love to see this, our upcoming 5n cruise on the wonder does not stop by CC (it's ok, as last year we did our first cruise on the dream but it was a 5n double dip).

If this happens, I'd be very POed we are not stopping by...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter