TV Commercials You Cant Stand

I just discovered this week that my insurance is now limiting what they will allow for Tougeo (my insulin) . The letter apologizes for not filling it as my doctor ordered because they believe no one needs more than 50 units a day. Super because I’m on 104!
Have you asked about what they will cover for Lantus? Same thing as Toujeo, but not as concentrated. Insurance company totally missing the point of Toujeo though, it was designed for those that need more than 50 units of insulin at at time. Loved it when I was on 70 units daily.
I agree about what I call those 'pathetic dog' commercials. I read somewhere that 95% of what you donate is used to pay their employees and run the business. I think the laws should be modified so many of these so-called non-profits actually give the majority of what they collect to the cause they claim to represent. Otherwise you are just paying the salaries of those running of a business that hides behind being a tax sheltered enterprise. Virtually none of what you donate goes to help homeless dogs. If you want the money to actually do some good, donate in person to your local vet/animal shelter.

There are similar commercials about saving some animals in Africa. If you read the fine print, it says you are actually donating to their 'general fund' and not specifically helping the animals they are advertising about.
Wounded Warrior Project is pretty bad about that too. The actual throughput of donations is very low compared to others.
I have hypoglycemic symptoms at 70 even though 70 is considered to be “normal “ so I guess I’m abnormal! 🤣
My continuous monitor alerts me if I get below 70.

Yeah, I love these. My mom does too, and she is the brunt of many of the jokes. The one that really applies to her is, "Guess what? The watier doesn't need to know your name!" Man, she so does that! 🤣
I like the one from a while back when he was doing a presentation. One of the slides read, "You got up early. No one cares."

My mother wants everyone to know she gets up at 4 a.m. (What she won't disclose is after doing a few things, she naps on the couch for a couple of hours.)

I like the one from a while back when he was doing a presentation. One of the slides read, "You got up early. No one cares."

My mother wants everyone to know she gets up at 4 a.m. (What she won't disclose is after doing a few things, she naps on the couch for a couple of hours.)

Getting up early is like being a vegan - you have to tell people! 🤣

The people turning in to their parents aren't 16. They're in their 40s, when we all become our parents. I think they're hilarious.
LOL. Not sure where I am. Most of the things in those ads are not things my parents ever did or things to be avoided.........they are Common Sense.

My parents and I also think they're hilarious. Especially when I visit home and they offer to give me random stuff or groceries like I'm in college again.
My dad recently passed away at 97. He always used his pro shop credits at the club to buy me, among other things, jackets of all types: windbreakers, leather jackets, business casual coats, you name it. I can count on one hand the number of coats I purchased myself through the years. On his deathbed, he was good humored about what was happening, and joked with me that I'm going to have to start buying my own coats now. He was quite a guy. :love:

Have you asked about what they will cover for Lantus? Same thing as Toujeo, but not as concentrated. Insurance company totally missing the point of Toujeo though, it was designed for those that need more than 50 units of insulin at at time. Loved it when I was on 70 units daily.

Wounded Warrior Project is pretty bad about that too. The actual throughput of donations is very low compared to others.

My continuous monitor alerts me if I get below 70.
I tried Lantus already and half a dozen other shots. Finally found that Tougeo +Mounjaro actually works and now they don’t want to cover it.

There is a commercial for an accident lawyer. Susan More loves more. Ice cream sundea with 12 pounds of sprinkles. Plate of pasta with a mountain of cheese. But when Susan comes to our firm, we get her all she wants, she doesn’t have to ask for more. I think it makes the law firm seem sleazy.

There is a commercial for an accident lawyer. Susan More loves more. Ice cream sundea with 12 pounds of sprinkles. Plate of pasta with a mountain of cheese. But when Susan comes to our firm, we get her all she wants, she doesn’t have to ask for more. I think it makes the law firm seem sleazy.
Morgan and Morgan.

I also hate lawyer commercials. . .

All TV commercials are horrible. I can't watch any of them which is why I rely on commercial free streaming services. I wish they would come out with Ad Block + for TV as well so you could block all of the commercials.

Many of them have nothing whatsoever to do with Medicare or Medicaid. Read the small print.
I know they are private insurance companies, but Medicare and Medicaid are connected and part of an agreement with M&M otherwise it wouldn't work. None will take you on if you don't have Part B in place already because they are supplemental insurance to cover the things that M&M doesn't. It is legit and is directly connected to the Government program but it's for things that aren't otherwise covered.

I know they are private insurance companies, but Medicare and Medicaid are connected and part of an agreement with M&M otherwise it wouldn't work. None will take you on if you don't have Part B in place already because they are supplemental insurance to cover the things that M&M doesn't. It is legit and is directly connected to the Government program but it's for things that aren't otherwise covered.

Yeah, but they could be a bit more clear about that. They usually try to fast-talk the details. Obviously these companies make a ton of money off this and don't want people to think about it too hard.

How about "Oh My BOB!?" I'd argue that's a successful (if annoying) ad campaign.

All TV commercials are horrible. I can't watch any of them which is why I rely on commercial free streaming services. I wish they would come out with Ad Block + for TV as well so you could block all of the commercials.
We use TIVO as much as possible. Fast-forwarding through commercials on shows we've recorded saves a lot of time (and aggravation.)

One of our local commercials shows a plumber who solves plumbing problems then helps the client's kids with homework, or even took a girl scout to help her sell cookies. The plumber even wore a man-size girl scout uniform and a badge sash? Didn't know he carried that stuff on his plumbing truck. Come on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter