Turning 3 during split stay

Nanu57v

The Tooth Fairy had a message here before.
Hi! My daughter turns 3 during our upcoming trip, and since your age is locked at check-in we (thankfully) didn't buy her a ticket. But it just dawned on me - we are moving resorts mid-trip - does that mean she's now 3 since its a new hotel?

The tickets are one ticket stay, so it shouldn't matter.

If you bought two sets of tickets, that would be different.

It is usually a big disadvantage, regardless of guests' ages, to have two separate tickets for each person for the two respective halves of a split stay or for any other single vacation.

Disney views a split stay as 2 separate stays. However, if you have one set of tickets that start with the first resort, she will stay that age for the whole trip.
Well they have one set of tickets for the adult, but since she is under 3 she doesn’t have any ticket associated with the first part of the stay. So this is an interesting question, probably worth asking on the ticket faq.

I thought I read that it is your age at the time of check in. So the question to ask Disney is if she ages up when you check in the second time, since it is a new reservation.

Hi! My daughter turns 3 during our upcoming trip, and since your age is locked at check-in we (thankfully) didn't buy her a ticket. But it just dawned on me - we are moving resorts mid-trip - does that mean she's now 3 since its a new hotel?

This is an interesting predicament. Your tickets do not include her, she is 2 at the first check in date. Is she 3 upon checkin at the second resort? Personally I think Disney honors that she will not age up, but it is worth a call to be sure.

I am a play-by-the-rules person, and even I think you are fine without a ticket in this circumstance. However, you may or may not get a clear answer if you put this question to Disney.

If you go without a ticket and anyone asks late in your trip, I would expect telling them, "she turned 3 during our trip, just [yesterday/the day before at the Magic Kingdom/Epcot, etc.]" will fully answer the question.

I think the spirit of the rule is about it being one trip to WDW.

As long as your child is still 2 the day(s) you start your trip at WDW, they will let you squeeze in that last trip before the age upgrade. Moving resorts? That shouldn't be a deal breaker, you're still just on the 1 trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter