TSM standby-less test Oct. 6-9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missyrose

DIS Veteran
According to this blog post, there will be a standby-less test at Toy Story Mania at DHS today through Thursday.

Toy Story Midway Mania at Hollywood Studios will be the latest victim of FastPass+ only testing. The test will run from October 6th – 9th. During the test, the standby line will not be available to guests, you will only be able to ride if you have a FastPass+ reservation. What still remains to be seen is whether Disney will release some FastPass+ slots to guests for the current day like they did with the Anna and Elsa FastPass+ test.

Did they learn nothing from when they tested on Soarin '? ?? !!!
I get why they don't want people standing in lines but they should never remove standby option. It's each guests perogative if they want to wait 60/90/120 mins to experience something.

Planning another trip across the sea for October 16!

This test should go just swimmingly. There are many other rides in DHS for people that want to stand in line.

Hopefully folks who are there today and this week will give us first hand info.

No SB line idea is a total fail. Short memory on Disney's part -- one of the initial legit concerns about FP+ was moving toward reservation rides only. Disney promised you'd always be able to wait if you wanted.

What Disney really wants is for all guests to be happy and have few or no lines. We'd all love that, but it should be obvious that it is unachievable with the current capacity and demand.

For the life of me, I can't figure out their end game on this.

If it's to eventually go to standby free lines by handing out passes, that will probably be the end of us with Disney being an annual trip. We don't like doing rope drop n run. Handing out paper fp's is no different that the old fp system- they're just doing it without the machine. But to do that, and not allow a standby line to form- well that would be it for us.

If they switch it to all fp+ eventually, then I don't see a problem with no standby lines. I know others do, but long lines clog the walkways and make it difficult to move around in the parks.

Before our last trip, I was dead set against doing away with standby lines.
But people don't seem to know any other way of forming a line other than running it across the walkway and blocking people. And those in line are so afraid someone is trying cut that you have to force them to move so you can get by. It happened several times on our last trip- even at IASW! Not a long line at all, but it was into the street for a bit and heaven forbid they should line up by the ride- nope, gotta run it right thru the middle of the walkway.

That said, it sure is a pia if they happen to run one of these un-announced tests during your vacation!

This is so confusing - its as if they only want ONE line, not 2 (i.e. FP line and a standby line) then why not just get rid of "fast pass" (sarcastically written)

Lol, disney management continues to display an inability to understand their product. disney needs to fly in the the top 20 posters from this site a few times a yr and ask questions. Disney has become very out of touch.

So I haven't been around the boards for a few weeks, trying to catch up..
What's with the FP+ only? Did they allocate 100% of the ride capacity to FP+? There is no SB at all, period? WTH?

So I haven't been around the boards for a few weeks, trying to catch up..
What's with the FP+ only? Did they allocate 100% of the ride capacity to FP+? There is no SB at all, period? WTH?

Yes, this is exactly what they do. So if you show up at DHS and all the FP+s are booked, you have no ability to ride the ride. They put out a sign that says "Capacity has been reached for the day." It's ridiculous. They tested this at Soarin' over the summer and it was a total disaster. I have no idea why they'd think it would go better with TSM.

Honestly. Here's a novel idea. How about building more attractions to spread the masses out over instead of finding new ways to control the mice in the maze.

And so it starts...

10177530_1493490954260218_2986411655226420507_n.jpg

Trying to figure out the why here...

We know the main goal of FP+ is to get people to "lock that in" so they don't get distracted by "other things that you can do while in Orlando" once they arrive.

So if they throw all of the spots into the FP+ bucket, they are locking more people in and bonus, they don't have to manage a standby line at all.

I suspect they are going to go full-steam ahead with certain rides and attractions on this one.

Honestly. Here's a novel idea. How about building more attractions to spread the masses out over instead of finding new ways to control the mice in the maze.

Yes absolutely!!! Apparently Disney is just gonna try and jam this whole fast pass plus system down the customers throats. I wonder how many failures it will take til they figure out a no standby system won't fly/

The reports from the park say that there are same-day FP+ reservations you can make and no return tickets will be handed out.

The reports from the park say that there are same-day FP+ reservations you can make and no return tickets will be handed out.

So the DHS RD stampede will now be to the kiosks, it would seem.

Robo, one of your patented detailed maps with the best routes to the kiosks would seem to be a handy, must-have.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter