TSA PreCheck

Does anyone know how you can add TSA to flights that are already booked? Do you have to contact the airline to have them add it?

I know that I had to call Delta. It would not let me add it to my profile directly. And I had to call twice since my Mom's pre check came through a couple weeks after mine did.

I went back to Orlando for a Power Rangers convention this past weekend (also did a day stop at Universal). Using TSA PreCheck makes going through security a breeze.

I get my Global Entry (which includes TSA pre-check) for free through my Chase Sapphire Reserve. I never thought I'd have a CC with a high annual fee, but the perks more than pay for it - lots of miles, global entry, $300 in travel credit yearly, entry to airport lounges, travel insurance.

I've flown with my SO many times on the same reservation. He does not have pre-check. He's never gotten it free. Once we were concerned that he wouldn't make it through security at MCO as there was a much larger crowd than the lanes open could handle. I took his bag through the precheck line since I knew what was in it, so he could walk through the regular line without having to deal with the backup due to bag checks.

Strangely, at smaller airports, he has occasionally made it through the regular line quicker than I made it through the pre-check line. This is usually due to people having been given pre-check free and not knowing the procedure, thereby holding up the line for everyone else. Ugh.
So, we got TSA precheck after our flight in March and will be using it for the first time this month. How do we do it right, so we aren’t slowing everyone down?

My husband and I with our 4-year-old and disabled 10-year-old.

Last time, I called for TSA Cares, but there was no one to meet us. She’s in a wheelchair but can walk short distances, but she doesn’t understand any directions. Please give me directions like you would a 10 year old because I want to be clear on what to do. I hate to inconvenience people and get dirty looks when we are doing our best.

We go to the precheck line, and what happens next?

Thank you in advance.

The next thing you do is put your carry ons on the conveyor belt and then walk through the metal detector. Since I do not have a disabled child in a wheelchair, I don't know the procedure to enable her passage, but in general, with TSA pre check you should not have to remove your shoes or a light jacket (hoodie type). The best ones to ask exactly what to do is the TSA agents when you get on line. Try this link: https://wheelchairtravel.org/air-travel/tsa-security-screening-disability/

So, we got TSA precheck after our flight in March and will be using it for the first time this month. How do we do it right, so we aren’t slowing everyone down?

Last time, I called for TSA Cares, but there was no one to meet us. She’s in a wheelchair but can walk short distances, but she doesn’t understand any directions. Please give me directions like you would a 10 year old because I want to be clear on what to do. I hate to inconvenience people and get dirty looks when we are doing our best.

Thank you in advance.

Forget the Dirty looks from Others

Remember You are Unlikely to see them ever again .

Thank you in advance.

Forget the Dirty looks from Others

Remember You are Unlikely to see them ever again .

The next thing you do is put your carry ons on the conveyor belt and then walk through the metal detector. Since I do not have a disabled child in a wheelchair, I don't know the procedure to enable her passage, but in general, with TSA pre check you should not have to remove your shoes or a light jacket (hoodie type). The best ones to ask exactly what to do is the TSA agents when you get on line. Try this link: https://wheelchairtravel.org/air-travel/tsa-security-screening-disability/
So, why do newbies hold up the line. That sounds ridiculously easy.

Newbies don’t know the difference between the lines, so they start taking off shoes, removing liquids, etc. Then TSA tells them not to. They get confused and there’s a lengthy back and forth explaining the precheck rules. Shoes get put back on, items go back in the bag, and by now it’s taken that person/party double or triple the time to go through security that it should.

there are times when a friend without precheck beats me through security because of situations like those I described above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!