TSA Precheck Question

Definitely made a copy and gave me back the original when I got precheck. I had to special order it from my birth state as I could not find my original one. I would have been mad having to order and pay for the copy and then not getting it back.
When people ask if they keep it, they don't mean forever. If you apply for a passport, they keep your documents but eventually mail them back to you and not usually in the same shipment as your passport.

Was that global entry, not precheck? I can guarantee you that precheck interview do NOT have the zoom option(I'm a company employee).
My husband just did Global Entry..like he just got back from it. He was fingerprinted during it and did the interview at our airport. Zoom is not an option for first time applicants from what I've heard.

There IS a pilot for renewing Global Entry though and your fingerprints have to have already been taken (among a few other requirements) to be even eligible for a zoom interview.

Thanks for pointing it out, so to correct my previous post, my Tsa precheck comes with my global entry program. Apparently that may have a different set of interview procedures than tsa precheck that come with other programs, or even as a stand alone.
It's only for Global Entry renewals, not first time people. You need fingerprints to be previously done (and a few other things) to be considered eligible for a zoom meeting.

It's only for Global Entry renewals, not first time people. You need fingerprints to be previously done (and a few other things) to be considered eligible for a zoom meeting.
For Global Entry renewals, you may not even require another interview, either in-person or via Zoom. It appeared to depend on the reported travel history during the ~5-year period. We renewed online and did not need to do anything else, applying about six months before our first cards were due to expire. New cards arrived in about three weeks, good for a full five years from the original expiration dates.

Does anyone know if you just add your KTN number to existing tickets if that's all it takes to ensure you get TSA on boarding pass when it comes time to fly. I went back to Southwest website and added for everyone in our group, but I just want to be sure.

Does anyone know if you just add your KTN number to existing tickets if that's all it takes to ensure you get TSA on boarding pass when it comes time to fly. I went back to Southwest website and added for everyone in our group, but I just want to be sure.

It *should* work, but things go wrong sometimes. Check that it is there when you check-in and if still not on your boarding pass, you can usually get it added at the check-in counter.

It should be. You can call SWA to make sure that it is on your reservation. They can see if it has been added.

Yes it should work but keep in mind even TSA Precheck's website says you are not guaranteed to always get TSA Precheck on your boarding pass every time. Since joining 6+ years ago, we've never had that happen but it could.

Some airlines let you store your KTN as part of your profile so you don't have to keep typing it every time you book.

If you added it in the reservation itself via the confirmation number you should be good. If you went and added the number to the Rapid Rewards profiles it will not update previously booked tickets, it will however auto populate any tickets you book from here on out. When you check in for your flight you should see a TSA Pre icon on your boarding pass, if you don't have that you'll need to contact SW to verify your KTN was attached and figure out why it didn't work. Generally if you have the KTN attached you either get Pre or it will say SSSS which means you were selected for additional security checks, either randomly or for cause.

It *should* work, but things go wrong sometimes. Check that it is there when you check-in and if still not on your boarding pass, you can usually get it added at the check-in counter.

It should be. You can call SWA to make sure that it is on your reservation. They can see if it has been added.

Yes it should work but keep in mind even TSA Precheck's website says you are not guaranteed to always get TSA Precheck on your boarding pass every time. Since joining 6+ years ago, we've never had that happen but it could.

Some airlines let you store your KTN as part of your profile so you don't have to keep typing it every time you book.

If you added it in the reservation itself via the confirmation number you should be good. If you went and added the number to the Rapid Rewards profiles it will not update previously booked tickets, it will however auto populate any tickets you book from here on out. When you check in for your flight you should see a TSA Pre icon on your boarding pass, if you don't have that you'll need to contact SW to verify your KTN was attached and figure out why it didn't work. Generally if you have the KTN attached you either get Pre or it will say SSSS which means you were selected for additional security checks, either randomly or for cause.
Thanks All for the info. We added KTN to the existing reservation and to our SW profiles, so keeping fingers crossed it should be work.

Thanks All for the info. We added KTN to the existing reservation and to our SW profiles, so keeping fingers crossed it should be work.
If you are worried you could always call them to make sure. That's what I did the first time I already had tickets purchased and then got Pre Check. Granted it was 6 years ago when avg wait time was only minutes

It did for me. I got my KTN number in Dec 2020 and added it to my SW reservations for Jan 2021 and we waltzed right through precheck. It has to be added before you get your boarding pass from my understanding.

Definitely made a copy and gave me back the original when I got precheck. I had to special order it from my birth state as I could not find my original one. I would have been mad having to order and pay for the copy and then not getting it back.
DH and I need to get certified of our birth certificates in NY. What is the best, safest way to do this? We will then use to apply for Precheck and enhanced drivers licenses.

Check to see if your state has a website where you can order copies of your birth certificate on-line. That is what I did (not in NY) when I was gathering the documents I needed to apply for TSA pre-check and that enhanced driver's license and it worked great. I would assume most/all states offer this option.

DH and I need to get certified of our birth certificates in NY. What is the best, safest way to do this? We will then use to apply for Precheck and enhanced drivers licenses.

I lived in IL and googled for birth certificates for my state and city. It led me to a link to order my birth certificate. I googled for NY and it looks like you should use the link is below.

https://www.health.ny.gov/vital_records/birth.htm

Just because it hasn't been mentioned, and it might help someone else... make sure the name you apply for Precheck matches the name you have stored for your airlines. I didn't realize I have my middle name included for the airlines (because it says to use the names on your id), but did NOT include my middle name on my Pre-check application (it says 'optional'). Of course, the two need to match or you won't get pre-check.

Also FYI- Not sure if all airlines can do it but I flew JetBlue last month and noticed I didn't have Pre-Check on my boarding pass. I asked at the counter when we checked our bags and she asked me for my Known Traveler # (TSA Precheck #). I have it saved on my JetBlue account so I gave it to her and she was able to add it to my ticket and re-printed the boarding pass. I have an apostrophe in my last name and she said that probably messed it up bc Jet Blue doesn't take the apostrophe in the reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter