Trying to decide

Tootsie62

Earning My Ears
Hi, my sister and I are taking a trip in 17 days :), we are stuck on a dinner decision in HS, Brown Derby at 4:30 or Mama Melrose's at 6:30, the menu for both look amazing, we just can't decide which would be better. TIA

Never been to Brown Derby. Mama Melrose was average when we went. Maybe along the lines of a Maggianos or Olive Garden. This is coming from an Italian who grew up on hand made pasta and Sunday gravy. I’d try Derby. That menu does look amazing!

We've done MM's post-Covid and we enjoyed it a lot. We have a repeat reservation for MM's and one for BD in our future trips. In the end, don't get too pumped up for for a 5 star meal over the top Pixie dust dining experience. We just enjoy the atmosphere, each other's company and being at Disney during these strange times. Eat, Drink, Love - the real Disney pixie recipe!

I would agree with everyone else. Mama Melrose I have been to once, and it was good Italian, but then, I'm Irish! Brown Derby I've been to twice, and gotten the cobb salad both times (it's that good!). You probably won't be disappointed either way, but the Brown Derby is more expensive, and seems more impressive.

We have eaten at both...

We would eat at both spots again...

I would look at your plans and then decide...

Been to both and of the two, for dinner I would probably pick Mama Melrose. Brown Derby has been a bit overrated for us. I would stop there for a cocktail and app or something light (cobb salad), but probably not for a big meal like dinner. It's a bit spendy and we've never been overly impressed with it. But on the other hand Mama Melrose has always been good for us, the portions are good size and the prices are decent. It also looks like your Mama Melrose reservation is more in line with dinner time at 6:30 so I would lean towards that one rather than the early dinner of 4:30 at Brown Derby. I find between breakfast, lunch and snacking at Disney during the day, I likely wouldn't be hungry for a big meal at 4:30.

I would pick Mama Melrose - but order the steak. That was exceptional compared to the traditional Italian items we got

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter