Trying to decide on a resort for 2018

I would urge you to check out DVC rentals. With everything included I ended up paying $147/night for Kidani Village at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Way less than my initial plans of staying at Port Orleans Riverside.

We finally decided on CBR. I went through the threads, and facebook groups and read up on all the news, rumors, pics, etc. The deciding factor was the rooms, we didn't care much for the renovated rooms at CSR weren't Disney enough for us. I like to have a touch more Disney in the rooms, and they seemed like a generic, higher end hotel set up. I know there will still be construction at CBR, but I don't think it will impact our stay much. The only thing i worry about is the food court.

Thanks again for all your help!!

I think next year the food court situation will be much improved.

For Me everything has to be under one roof. After I have spend all day walking in the park I do not want to walk forever to get to my room. WL is my fav.

We finally decided on CBR. I went through the threads, and facebook groups and read up on all the news, rumors, pics, etc. The deciding factor was the rooms, we didn't care much for the renovated rooms at CSR weren't Disney enough for us. I like to have a touch more Disney in the rooms, and they seemed like a generic, higher end hotel set up. I know there will still be construction at CBR, but I don't think it will impact our stay much. The only thing i worry about is the food court.

Thanks again for all your help!!

Excellent choice! CBR is our favorite moderate. And by next August the new dining will be in place. Happy planning!

After all of the researching and finally deciding on CBR, i was able to get a great deal at the WL so we'll be there lol No more changes after this one :)

I wanted to thank you guys again for your help!

We have stayed at all 4 mod's a some more than other.

I would look at the map, and see what area best suits your family at all of the resort so if you want to request a room you can pick out an area that will work for you, some families like being close to the food court and pools, others want to be close to the parking lots and bus stops... only you can decide what will work for your family.

CBR - this was my DD's favorites when they were at home, Pirates was the hottest movie out and the fort themed pool just was the "coolest". We have stayed here quite a bit over the years, and find it lovely to stay at. While we haven't stayed in a pirate room yet, but we will be more than likely next year, DGS loves pirates and Jake, Captain hook so it will be a treat for him. The little kids pool area is great, as well as the big pool, and there are chairs and a hot tub behind the big slide in the main pool area, the quite pools are just that nice and relaxing. We have enjoyed the food court, it is hectic at prime times but that should be expected. Over all the food is good, and while nothing really to write home about, its not terrible and there were some interesting options at dinner. They do not share a bus with other resorts but there are 4 or 5 stops. I suggest you learn the stops, and your options especially at night so that you can make a decision of were to get off the bus at, like if you are going into the food court or shop, or whatever.

POR - is what DH and I consider our home resort now... We love the feel of the bayou and do prefer to stay here, but have stayed in the plantation style rooms and it was nice as well. We love the pool bar area, its a more covered area, and does have some seating which is nice. The play ground area is nice for the kids to burn off some steam. The food court here is our favorite we love the options and the paddle wheel is fun to watch. It does share a bus at times with POFQ and does have 4 or 5 stops. One of the things we love most is the boat ride to Disney Springs.

POFQ - we have stayed here many times as well, and it is the smallest resort but is big on charm, Food Court is good and offers some really different options. I will say that we stay near the pool once and it was quite noise in the evenings and later on at night. Share a bus sometimes with POR, boat to Disney Springs, we like the fact the you can stroll between the resorts easily and have use of both food courts.

CSR - this is our least favorite... it just does not have that Disney feel, and it is a convention resort and if they have a convention going on you will get run over, it was just chaos. The food court here just is really not to my families liking so we only stay here if we can get a really really good rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter