• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trying to decide. Need some encouragement from my fellow DISers!

dizneycc

DIS Veteran
Need some encouragement from my fellow DISers!

DH and I have a trip scheduled May 12-15. All ressies are already made. But now DH can't make it. I have to cancel hotel ressie by Monday (April 12) if I want to get my deposit back.

I'm seriously thinking about going by myself. DH is in the navy, so I am used to doing things by myself. I have travel to Chicago many times by myself and I even flew into Orlando a day ahead of DH once, so I'm not concerned about that. I'm still a little nervous about being at the parks alone.

Any words of advice would be appreciated!

CC

Do it! Do it! Do it!!

I had a similar situation a year ago. A friend and I were to go for 3 nights over Memorial Day weekend, then she cancelled. I was going to go by myself. I had no qualms at all about being at the resorts, airport, parks, etc. by myself. My fear was flying by myself! I just couldn't get over that.:( I could kick myself now! If I had it to do over again, I'd go!! ::yes::

Debbie:earsgirl:

Go for it!!! Especially to see flower and garden.

One word of advise.....you will never look at trips with others the same. I thought a solo trick might not be so magical but I had an amazing time.

You may want to try a backstage tour, it gives you "some company" for a day that way

Enjoy
Sandy

Yes, do it! That kind of thing happened to me once. DH and I were planning a trip, then something came up and he couldn't go. That's right-HE couldn't go. At first he was shocked when I didn't cancel the trip and just continued to make plans for myself. But then he was relieved I was still going. And I had a wonderful time.

I just returned from my first solo trip yesterday, not just my first solo in the parks but the first time I've ever driven a car as well. I was nervous about driving more than anything else! At any rate, I had a fantastic time. Epcot is so wonderful when you get to take it all in at your own pace - and I'm sure the other parks are the same. I never once felt strange or vulnerable being alone in the parks or resorts - and I explored several of the resorts as well. And I found my way around just fine, too! It's a great experience - go for it!

Sometimes there is something exhilirating about doing something like that on you own. It might be nerve-wracking at times, but it could be quite an adventure!

Thanks everyone for your great advice. Here's what I'm going to do. I am flying down on a Wednesday and spending Thursday solo at Epcot, my favorite park. Then on Friday morning, DH will fly in and we will spend the rest of the weekend together.

My only concern is, I may have too much fun alone and become addicted to it. I am really looking forward to being able to explore Epcot at my own pace.

:earsgirl:

Ooh, I'm so jealous...to be able to explore EPCOT at your own pace....OOH, what fun!!!

Debbie:earsgirl:

So glad you decided to go for it! DH & I are there at the same time - May 12-15 - and, as on every trip, I spend the better part of at least one day "solo" while DH golfs. I am truly and completely comfortable going just about anywhere in Disney solo. Epcot solo, w/plenty of time to people watch and explore is fantastic. Have a great trip!:wave:

I have had many trips over the years to Disney, but always with kids, spouses, etc. Have always wanted to try it on my own. There are things that I would love to see, that maybe others aren't interested in, so I don't get to see them because I always want to please those I am with. I say go for it!!(If you haven't already gone!!) Keep me posted.

A Canadian Friend!!:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter