Tropicana vs. BWPPI?

Mimi2Cam

Mouseketeer
Considering a negligible price difference because BWPPI has a breakfast onsite, does anyone have any strong opinions about the Tropicana vs. BWPPI? We are staying seven nights and will be spending time at the pool each day. (We may be flying 2,400 miles from home, but my grandson’s primary question every day for our 2014 and 2015 trips was always “When can we go back to swim?” )

I am second guessing our reservations at BWPPI based on what looks to be a tiny pool, but then again, we all know those hotel website pictures are always so deceiving...

Any help is much appreciated

What are your dates? I'm assuming you've looked into HoJo? If the pool is really important to the kiddo, they have an awesome pool and then a separate water playground with the hot tub nearby for the adults. I haven't stayed at either BWPPI or Tropicana, but I agree that Tropicana looks like a better pool area. Grand Legacy at the Parks looks pretty okay, too.

The pool at Trop satisfies my kids. It's in the parking lot, but has nice greenery around it. The rooms are on the smaller size, depending on the size of your party that might not matter. Make sure you are taking the 5+ day discount at Trop into your financial comparison.

Actually, we did HoJo the first year (2014) and while the pool was great, the walk was not. I know it’s not a great difference, but we really loved being right at the crosswalk when we stayed at PVI in 2015.

Our dates are June 14-21.

Make sure you are taking the 5+ day discount at Trop into your financial comparison.

Wow, thanks. The difference is now not as negligible— almost $250... there are four of us— my daughter and I and my two grandsons. While we’d have to buy breakfast if we go with the Tropicana, we had planned on getting groceries anyway, so that’s kind of a non-issue...

We have stayed at BWPPI many times and like it a lot. The one negative we found was that he pool is small and very crowded. So crowded that we never used it.
Otherwise those two hotels are so close together and of similar quality that I'd just consider them equal - unless the pool is important.

Actually, we did HoJo the first year (2014) and while the pool was great, the walk was not. I know it’s not a great difference, but we really loved being right at the crosswalk when we stayed at PVI in 2015.

Our dates are June 14-21.
Roger that. We liked the HoJo a lot, and the walk in the morning seemed fine. But at night after a long day in the parks, that walk up to Manchester seriously felt like 10 miles.

We've stayed at Desert Inn several times. Rates are great, pool and breakfast are lame. But oh, man, you can't beat being right at the crosswalk! Sounds like Tropicana is a good choice.

Considering a negligible price difference because BWPPI has a breakfast onsite, does anyone have any strong opinions about the Tropicana vs. BWPPI? We are staying seven nights and will be spending time at the pool each day. (We may be flying 2,400 miles from home, but my grandson’s primary question every day for our 2014 and 2015 trips was always “When can we go back to swim?” )

I am second guessing our reservations at BWPPI based on what looks to be a tiny pool, but then again, we all know those hotel website pictures are always so deceiving...

Done both multiple times. I have a preference for BWPPI, but not a strong preference. I like their mini-suites with a couch area. Never been in the pool at Tropicana but have at BWPPI many times when my kids were younger. I would say do the Tropicana if you are leaning that way for the pool.

:wizard:

We have stayed at the Tropicana many times and used the pool every day. Our trips are in Jan or Feb and the pool was fine. No one else around. The pooling in the middle of the parking lots isn't an issue.

Haven't stayed at BWPPI

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter