Tron Ride for DAS Pass?

vovo2013

Earning My Ears
Do you think with the Virtual Queue line for Tron that is comming up, going to work with the return times for DAS Pass?
- This is my first time going back to Disney with a leg issue that needs to rest while waiting!
- How is this going to work with the DAS Pass?

Do you think with the Virtual Queue line for Tron that is comming up, going to work with the return times for DAS Pass?
- This is my first time going back to Disney with a leg issue that needs to rest while waiting!
Guardians' virtual queue doesn't include DAS pass so I imagine Tron will be the same.

I was just reading on another thread about how the line for the back car with typical seats will probably be really long and that has me worried now. I want my daughter to ride Tron because I know she'll like it, but waiting in long lines is a problem for her especially with all the other stimulation that will be going on in that queue.

So, We do need to be part of the Virtual Queue Line and once our number is called… we show them the DAS Pass or how does this work?

If it is similar to guardians of the galaxy, as long as you can get a virtual queue, when your return time comes see a cast member at the ride and as llong as you have DAS, they will be able to let you use the lightning lane.
Good to know! We just went through the line when we rode GOTG. The line moved fast when we rode, so we weren't waiting. I'll make sure and show a CM next time and on Tron. Thanks!

Might want to review program Other FAQs section on the Disney DAS page here. “A Guest whose disability requires them to use a wheelchair or scooter does not need DAS.” Basically, if an ECV or wc solves your issue the program is not for you. If you aren’t sure you can always do the interview and discuss it with a cast member obviously, just trying to save you some time and hassle if your issue is solved with use of a wc or ECV.

Last edited:
Virtual Queues have all operated the same way with DAS; guests need to first get a spot in Virtual Queue, the same as all other guests. Once the Boarding Group is called, guests using DAS go to the CM at the Lightning Lane entrance. DAS and Boarding Group will be verified for the guest, then their group will be directed to the Lightning Lane. Guests can also choose to purchase Individual Lightning Lane if available for the attraction.
WDW DAS website FAQ about Virtual Queue.

Keep in mind that even if you do get approved for DAS, it allows waiting outside of the Standby line. Guests using DAS get a DAS Return Time to come back to the attraction; the DAS Return Time is roughly equal to the current wait time in the Standby line.
When the DAS Return Time comes, guests use the Lightning Lane to enter the attraction. The wait there is shorter than the Standby Line, but could still be 20-30 minutes with nowhere to sit while waiting. On our last trip during a fairly slow time in late October/early November 2022, 20-30 minute waits in the Lightning Land were not uncommon. Using DAS won’t help with standing in the Lightning Lane.
The lines are all accessible to wheelchairs to the point of boarding except for the few which require guests to be ambulatory. Most are also accessible to ECVs (and those that are not do have attraction wheelchairs that can be borrowed); guests don’t need DAS to use a mobility device in lines or attractions.
The accessible lines and the fact that there can be a fairly long wait without a place to sit is why Disney‘s website says « “A Guest whose disability requires them to use a wheelchair or scooter does not need DAS.”
Post 1 of this thread about DAS explains how DAS works/what the changes were. Only the first post is up to date; the early pages were from before and right after Genie+ rolled out. The last pages are further questions and experiences.

Virtual Queues have all operated the same way with DAS; guests need to first get a spot in Virtual Queue, the same as all other guests. Once the Boarding Group is called, guests using DAS go to the CM at the Lightning Lane entrance. DAS and Boarding Group will be verified for the guest, then their group will be directed to the Lightning Lane. Guests can also choose to purchase Individual Lightning Lane if available for the attraction.
WDW DAS website FAQ about Virtual Queue.

Keep in mind that even if you do get approved for DAS, it allows waiting outside of the Standby line. Guests using DAS get a DAS Return Time to come back to the attraction; the DAS Return Time is roughly equal to the current wait time in the Standby line.
When the DAS Return Time comes, guests use the Lightning Lane to enter the attraction. The wait there is shorter than the Standby Line, but could still be 20-30 minutes with nowhere to sit while waiting. On our last trip during a fairly slow time in late October/early November 2022, 20-30 minute waits in the Lightning Land were not uncommon. Using DAS won’t help with standing in the Lightning Lane.
The lines are all accessible to wheelchairs to the point of boarding except for the few which require guests to be ambulatory. Most are also accessible to ECVs (and those that are not do have attraction wheelchairs that can be borrowed); guests don’t need DAS to use a mobility device in lines or attractions.
The accessible lines and the fact that there can be a fairly long wait without a place to sit is why Disney‘s website says « “A Guest whose disability requires them to use a wheelchair or scooter does not need DAS.”
Post 1 of this thread about DAS explains how DAS works/what the changes were. Only the first post is up to date; the early pages were from before and right after Genie+ rolled out. The last pages are further questions and experiences.
Thank You and I do have NO need for a wheelchair or a ECV. I just have some questions about the DAS and how it is used with the lines for an orthopedic issue. I might not even consider DAS for my issue at all.

Tron will be using virtual queue so you will need a boarding pass. However with just CMs riding the accessible car is hitting an extra 30 minute wait time solid. Once regular guests start riding that HA car may have much longer waits.

Thank You and I do have NO need for a wheelchair or a ECV. I just have some questions about the DAS and how it is used with the lines for an orthopedic issue. I might not even consider DAS for my issue at all.
DAS is used the same for every issue - guest gets a return time based on standby wait time minus 10 minutes, then guest comes back and goes to the Lightning Lane.

As the previous poster said, orthopedic normally means some type of mobility or fatigue issue.

Just be prepared that even though you have no need for a mobility device on a typical day at home/at work, that may still be WDW's suggestion for accommodation within the parks. It doesn't mean you need to remain in the wheelchair or on the ECV all day -- you are welcome to push a wheelchair and/or park the ECV/wheelchair. Or maybe a rollator would be helpful depending on your needs.

Leg needing to rest - assuming you need to sit? I suggest bringing a rollator with a seat, or an ECV, or a wheelchair. Seating is very limited at WDW, mainly reserved for people who have purchased food at the quick service restaurants. Benches are few and far between - you might have to go twice as far as a queue line to find an open bench to sit.

Leg needing to rest - assuming you need to sit? I suggest bringing a rollator with a seat, or an ECV, or a wheelchair. Seating is very limited at WDW, mainly reserved for people who have purchased food at the quick service restaurants. Benches are few and far between - you might have to go twice as far as a queue line to find an open bench to sit.
Plus, no seating in lines unless the guest has a rollator with seat, wheelchair or ECV.
If standing in line for 10-30 minutes is going to be an issue, it’s something to be aware of. Even with using DAS, guests can be standing in the Lightning Lane line for 20-30 minutes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter