Tron Crowds?

melbatoast

Dis Fan
It looks like the AP's are blocked on Apr 4 - opening day for Tron. Does anyone know how much this will affect the crowds that day? Our other option is to go to MK on Wed, but we are not at a Deluxe Resort so won't be able to stay for extra magic hours (10-midnight) so thinking that will bring the crowds too. Any advice?

It looks like the AP's are blocked on Apr 4 - opening day for Tron. Does anyone know how much this will affect the crowds that day? Our other option is to go to MK on Wed, but we are not at a Deluxe Resort so won't be able to stay for extra magic hours (10-midnight) so thinking that will bring the crowds too. Any advice?
Sorcerer and Incredipass are not blocked out but MK is out of AP reservations that day. EEH shouldn’t heavily affect the crowds since it is only for deluxe resorts.

The bloggers and media will be insane on April 4. Yeah, it will be crowded, but it will be crowded for the next 6 months, so, it doesn’t really matter which day you choose. You generally don’t see any noticeable uptick in crowds to due to extended evening hours. There is just so much going on that week with spring break, Easter, Tron, and Happily Ever After, that any day that week is going to be busy. Don’t overthink this. It’s just going to be busy.

Not crazy about the park closing at 10 pm. Any chance it can get pushed back or usually set due to the extra evening hours? That whole week before Easter shows MK closing at 10 pm which is soooo early! I know in the past they used to extend the hours closer to the date if they are expecting large crowds. Not sure now with less CM's etc if that's even a possibility!

Not crazy about the park closing at 10 pm. Any chance it can get pushed back or usually set due to the extra evening hours? That whole week before Easter shows MK closing at 10 pm which is soooo early! I know in the past they used to extend the hours closer to the date if they are expecting large crowds. Not sure now with less CM's etc if that's even a possibility!
Yes, it’s possible it will be set back, and if it does then the start time for DEEH will simply be set back with it. That happened for our visit last week - MK closing changed from 10 to 11 PM several weeks before.

The bloggers and media will be insane on April 4. Yeah, it will be crowded, but it will be crowded for the next 6 months, so, it doesn’t really matter which day you choose. You generally don’t see any noticeable uptick in crowds to due to extended evening hours. There is just so much going on that week with spring break, Easter, Tron, and Happily Ever After, that any day that week is going to be busy. Don’t overthink this. It’s just going to be busy.
This is why I am waiting very patiently for Sept AFTER Labor Day and BOOK for a Mickey Not So Scary Halloween Party!

I think any new Disney ride is a big draw initially. I don't see much difference in waiting for one week or one month as there are some who just want to among the first to do any new ride. If that virtual queue sells out a few minutes after the park opens each day like it did for Star Wars, not sure you gain anything by attending JUST to ride Trom only to find out the daily queues are always full. Not even TP can 'forecast' the expected crowds for MK and whether Tron will have any impact.

It's not like Tron is a new land like Galaxy's Edge with shops & food & things to look at. People aren't going to come to just look at the building exterior if they're not able to ride it. It's spring break time anyways so I would plan on those level of crowds & be happy if it's not.

The good news is Tron will be another place for people to go, but Disney I am sure will adjust their capacity limits to allow for the influx of people so that it's still "full".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!