Tron - Construction Site

Maybe I missed something but since when were the Speedway cars diesel? I always thought they were 4 stroke gas engines.
Anyways, they should upgrade to electric but we don't know for sure what they will do.

Maybe I missed something but since when were the Speedway cars diesel? I always thought they were 4 stroke gas engines.
Anyways, they should upgrade to electric but we don't know for sure what they will do.

Now that you bring that up...I thought they were gas?...

I think the average guest to Disney Shanghai probably enhales more pollution walking down their version of Main Street than does anyone in/around the speedway queue. I truly think the issue is way overblown.

I think you are 100% right, they are essentially lawn mower engines, single piston, 4 stroke gasoline. Diesel would smell a lot worse, and 2 stroke would not only smell worse, but smoke a lot.

Any chance the universe of energy animatronics getting recycled here for a port of the Grand Canyon diorama for the railroad? Figured I'd ask here since that would be built under Tron

Any chance the universe of energy animatronics getting recycled here for a port of the Grand Canyon diorama for the railroad? Figured I'd ask here since that would be built under Tron
It's definitely possible, we just don't know how they're going to handle the railroad

I had wondered about that too - I really think some sort of tunnel will be needed as an 1800's steam train *really* doesn't fit the Future look and would breakup that immersiveness

Not sure if room for full on dino animatronics but probably a long enough tunnel to do something with it

It's definitely possible, we just don't know how they're going to handle the railroad

I had wondered about that too - I really think some sort of tunnel will be needed as an 1800's steam train *really* doesn't fit the Future look and would breakup that immersiveness

Not sure if room for full on dino animatronics but probably a long enough tunnel to do something with it
I just figured maybe a tunnel here because of how weird that open concept was the concept art showed. And with space mountain being close by I figured it could be the diorama. Thanks for the input!

Looking at this aerial view compared to the artist conception, I'd say the trail from Fantasyland along the railroad could be spared. Fingers crossed.

upload_2017-8-3_14-39-3.png

It's been quite some time since I've been to Disneyland, but I believe the train tunnels/dioramas were created out of the need to "hide" the real world from guests. In this Bing Maps image, you can see the two diorama buildings between Tomorrowland, Harbor Blvd, and the what's now a bus loop.

disneyland-train-tunnels.jpg

Link to the map: https://binged.it/2upakoj

I can't imagine Disney putting in dioramas in the Magic Kingdom. First, I don't think they fit the theme of the attraction. Second and more importantly, I don't think there is room. The Disneyland trains have guests riding sideways and only seeing into the park. The Disney World trains have guests facing forward. That means they'd have to have something to see on both sides of the train. The buildings above would need to be maybe twice as large.

It's been quite some time since I've been to Disneyland, but I believe the train tunnels/dioramas were created out of the need to "hide" the real world from guests. In this Bing Maps image, you can see the two diorama buildings between Tomorrowland, Harbor Blvd, and the what's now a bus loop.

disneyland-train-tunnels.jpg

Link to the map: https://binged.it/2upakoj

I can't imagine Disney putting in dioramas in the Magic Kingdom. First, I don't think they fit the theme of the attraction. Second and more importantly, I don't think there is room. The Disneyland trains have guests riding sideways and only seeing into the park. The Disney World trains have guests facing forward. That means they'd have to have something to see on both sides of the train. The buildings above would need to be maybe twice as large.

I don't think they can fit full on dioramas - but could see a tunnel of some sort (as much to keep people in Tomorrowland from seeing the train vs those in the train seeing Tomorrowland). They do have a simple tunnel already in adevntureland to keep riders from seeing the Pirates show building - so something like that but maybe add a bit more theming/effects

So the 30 seconds you are outside for the ride is going to make you pass out? People stand in the speedway queue for 30+ minutes and don't pass out.

This. So much hub bub about fumes that's unfounded. If it was an issue with the masses, then the Speedway would have been long gone, or updated years ago.

And 30 seconds, is about right. Looks like you walk up, take the stairs in, and you're into the queue. And that's before the one turn that comes close to the structure that would cause all the "noise pollution."

This. So much hub bub about fumes that's unfounded. If it was an issue with the masses, then the Speedway would have been long gone, or updated years ago.

And 30 seconds, is about right. Looks like you walk up, take the stairs in, and you're into the queue. And that's before the one turn that comes close to the structure that would cause all the "noise pollution."

Just to be clear...I don't think anyone is gonna "pass out"...I just think based on the construction plans and the amount of increased foot traffic...combined with a large structure going up...is the right time to do away with the belchers...it's time.

And...that area back there is relative quiet now...it's gonna be mobbed when this goes in. That's a lot more people near the fumes. It makes sense to eliminate the sore spot

I really don't think the smell/fumes is the worst part - but can see the "noise" negatively impacting the immersion of Tron/Computer/future/etc - so moving to electric cars would fix that as well

Agreed. I've never thought twice about the fumes.

Unless they are going all back to the future with it lol sorry couldn't resist. I know they can't it's Universal property. I'm guessing a tunnel as well. Hope they spare it.
I'd also like to see the speedway stay yet get an update perhaps.

Tron ride and Tomorrowland Speedway will have some Sponsors for Tron Ride and Tomorrowland Speedway?:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter