Tron AP preview thread

So we will be there in mid to late March and I am hoping the stars align if they do an AP preview.

I looked at my emails for GOTG preview. Got email 4/4 stating to look for "registration email" soon. I secured my reservation on 4/14 for mid May. IF it happens and IF they follow a similar pattern... we COULD POSSIBLY hear info about a March preview in late Jan to early Feb.

It's not letting me quote for some reason, but regarding question about "pooh-sized patrons." Disney just announced there will be a "Light Runner Car" available with a traditional lap bar that will be used for guests with disabilities or who don't fit in the traditional vehicle.

I've watched ride videos of the Shanghai version. Looks cool, but also looks VERY short. Does it feel like a short ride experience?
Not at all. For me it was a bit too long. But then again I'm not a coaster fan.

By Disney standards 2 minutes is a short ride. By roller coaster standards, I believe 2 minutes is the average.

I would not be shocked if it ends up being the top tier passes only… I think SWGE was that way

I either never got emails or got them too late in the past…. Ratatouille and GoTG were the first ones I’ve gotten into in ages
I have a Pixie Dust Pass and got in to the GotG preview. BTW, I went solo as DH was busy. I had a blast. Glad I made the effort to have the preview experience.

Last edited:
It's not letting me quote for some reason, but regarding question about "pooh-sized patrons." Disney just announced there will be a "Light Runner Car" available with a traditional lap bar that will be used for guests with disabilities or who don't fit in the traditional vehicle.
I found out about this a few months ago ~ VERY HAPPY ~ because my DS wants to ride and I'm not comfortable with him on the cycles. I was told it is the last seat on each train. He loves Hagrids but only rides in the side car.

1671677233572.png

I found out about this a few months ago ~ VERY HAPPY ~ because my DS wants to ride and I'm not comfortable with him on the cycles. I was told it is the last seat on each train. He loves Hagrids but only rides in the side car.

View attachment 726783

I am wondering if you can only request this if you need it for access reasons or if anyone who is too nervous to ride on the cycle can use it (assuming other patrons who truly need it aren't riding at the same time of course). Only because I'm a full grown adult with no disabilities but I'm kind of nervous about the cycle lol. I also only ride the side car on Hagrid's.

I am wondering if you can only request this if you need it for access reasons or if anyone who is too nervous to ride on the cycle can use it (assuming other patrons who truly need it aren't riding at the same time of course). Only because I'm a full grown adult with no disabilities but I'm kind of nervous about the cycle lol. I also only ride the side car on Hagrid's.
I don't know. I would think there will be a side area to step to to wait for it. You just might have to wait a big longer for it.

On Hagrid's I stayed with the side car as I was too scared to ride the bike. But when I took DS to Universal alone I had no choice but to ride it. It was a whole different ride but I was fine, other than having to pry my fingers off the handle. :rotfl:

View attachment 726783

I don't know. I would think there will be a side area to step to to wait for it. You just might have to wait a big longer for it.

On Hagrid's I stayed with the side car as I was too scared to ride the bike. But when I took DS to Universal alone I had no choice but to ride it. It was a whole different ride but I was fine, other than having to pry my fingers off the handle. :rotfl:
I’ve been wondering about the last seat on the ride also, as I don’t think I would be able to ride on the bikes comfortably. I have rheumatoid arthritis and I don’t think I can ride the bike with the way it’s made and be ok once I get off. (Or stay longer than 10 seconds in that position!) I watched the recent ride preview It looks like you’re leaning forward on your forearms, with your legs kind of crouched/kneeling and to look forward you have to extend your head up so you’re not looking down. Those things in combination could really mess me up enough to ruin the rest of my day. I’m going to watch more ride reaction videos once it’s up and running. I may just go for the last row to be safe and so I can walk and move after riding it.
I *can* ride on the bike on hagrids, although it’s not the most comfortable, just from having to lean forward. I can do FOP with no issues. But tron looks like you’re leaning forward WAY more, yet having to keep your head up.

As far as previews for DVC members goes, do you have be staying at DVC to take advantage? My wife and I are DVC members who will be at WDW in late March but staying at a villa off property this trip.
Thanks in advance.
CPC

As far as previews for DVC members goes, do you have be staying at DVC to take advantage? My wife and I are DVC members who will be at WDW in late March but staying at a villa off property this trip.
Thanks in advance.
CPC
In the past (meaning it may work the same for Tron, it may not), DVC members with onsite resort reservations for the dates of the previews were able to reserve a spot for the preview on a specific date. Then on a subsequent day members who didn't have an onsite resort stay were allowed to reserve spots. You might try searching the DVC Mousecellaneous forum as well as this one for "Guardians previews" for more details as to how it worked out - I honestly can't remember whether members who weren't staying onsite were able to get spots or were shut out because all the spots were taken already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter