Trip Report - Sort Of....

Thanks for that. I have just looked on Delta's site and there is a $90 per bag fee for bags over 23kgs. As we are checking in with Delta and going to get our bags tagged through back to Aust I hope they give the 32kgs allowed to international travellers. If not we will just have to pay the extra for excess baggage. The Delta flight is direct and late afternoon and the AA direct flight is early afternoon giving a 7.5hr layover at LAX, so I think we will book the Delta flight, risk the excess baggage, hopefully they will let it slide, then we will only have a 3hr layover in LAX.

We already have our tickets from Aust to NY, NY to MCO then LAX to Aust, there was a special so we grabbed those. Just need the MCO to LAX ticket. We are flying Qantas as that was the deal and we had a voucher for Qantas after minor problem with a plane, we were compensated with a voucher or change travel at check in (ah who is going to leave the airport at checkin for an international flight :rotfl:) so we wanted to use our voucher. We flew back from LAX on the 23rd with V Aust and LOVED it, but had already got our tickets for our next trip with Qantas. Shame because we would have flown with V again.

We would give V Aust/Delta a go this time but decided against it as we have to fly from SYD to MCO without a break at LAX (just a touchdown, do the immigration thing and then back on the plane).

V Aust/Delta leaves SYD late in the day and gets you into MCO very early in the morning.

Prefer the Delta schedule of leaving SYD in the morning and arriving at MCO in the evening.

After flying for 24 hours with 3 kids I'd rather arrive in the evening, get them to the hotel, fed and into bed and start the next day fresh than have to try and figure out what to do with them arriving in Orlando exhausted and it only being breakfast time.

If V Aust start flying out of SYD in the mornings can someone give me a shout???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter