Trip Report June 1-5

NannyBeBe

DIS Veteran
I will share a few thoughts from our recent trip.
We were at DLR for five days with park hoppers.
We stayed at the Castle Inn. We have stayed there in the past. The hotel is getting old, as are many near DLR, but the beds are very comfortable and there are four pillows for each bed. Part of my family was in a family suite, which was very nice. The folks who run this hotel are very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay there again.

We were able to get a DAS pass for two of my grandchildren. They were very helpful. We were able to get on all the rides we wanted to, with very little waiting. If we had not been able to get the DAS, we would have added the Genie pass to our tickets.

ROtR is a fantastic ride and easily accessible for those with mobility issues. I have bad motion sickness issues but the ride did not bother me at all. There is a very short section at the end which might bother some, but you could just close your eyes.

We did the Fantasmic standard meal at River Belle. The food was excellent, but we did have an issue with seating for the show. We were told there would be seating, but they failed to tell us that seating was sitting on concrete. My daughter informed them that her mother (me) would not be able to sit on concrete. After much insistence, we were told we could sit at one of the tables in the area outside of Harbour Galley, which we did. We were allowed to stay there for the fireworks as well. The evening became quite cool by the time the show started, so I recommend a warm jacket.

We had dinner at Naples on our first night. We always eat at Naples and were not disappointed. Highly recommend. Also had dinner one night at Ralph Brennan's, which was also excellent, and our waitress, Ashley, went out of her way to make sure we had a lovely dinner.

We also had corn dogs and Gray Stuff -- both as good as ever.

The only issue we had with food was trying to get a Dole Whip. We did not mobile order, so had to stand in a very long line. Actually, it was the longest line we stood in for anything, including rides. Other than that, we did not have to do any mobile food ordering. We were able to walk up and get everything we wanted, either with no line or very short lines.

We park hopped every day. I do question the point of not allowing hopping until 1 pm. If it is supposed to control crowding, it is a major fail, especially on weekend days. We found Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday to be manageable. Friday and Saturday were much busier.

Bottom line -- either DAS or Genie would be necessary in order to not be standing in lines forever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter