Trip Report 4/4 - 4/8/03 Day 5, last day

lulubelle

The "twisty" part of the 60 is called the Badlands
Tuesday, 4/8/03
Well, we rise a little later than usual this morn, all the walking and fun in the sun are wearing us down. We take our time packing and utilize express check out. Your final bill is slipped under your door early in the morning and you dial a 4 digit # on the room phone and tell them your name, room # and you are checked out! Very easy. So we took our luggage to the car and walked to DCA. It was 10 am before we got in the park and the temperature was already over 80. We did Soarin' first with no line (our fav ride at this park), got a FP for Screamin', rode the Orange Stinger one more time and then Grizzly Rapids. Boy did we get SOAKED! It was so fun though and it was so hot out that it felt good to be wet. We did some final shopping (I was outta control with my shopping - but hey, what are tax returns for!) ate lunch at Pizza Ow-Mow (it was really good) and finished the day on Screamin'. It was about 12:30 and HOT! We were going to stay the entire day but it was too hot and we were tired of walking, so we left and drove home.

All in all, I have to say this was truly a wonderful family vacation. All three of us agreed we had a fantastic time and were glad we chose this as our vacation. When you have 4 days for the parks it really helps so you can relax a little and enjoy your hotel. I loved DLH, the staff was very attentive and the grounds beautiful. We plan on returning in the fall and trying out GF (we stayed at PP last year) for a few nights. If you purchase So Cal passes, remember you can activate them on the day you arrive, even if it is a block out day - we went on Sat and had no problem. When in the parks utilize FastPass, it is such a time saver! Lastly, take in all the Disney ambiance as you can, it really is magical :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Thanks for reading my reports, Lulubelle:)

Lulubelle,
Question for you. We are thinking of going to DL in 2005. How many days do we need to plan for? We go to WDW at least once a year but have yet to see DL. We are also thinking about visiting other CA sites since we are from the East Coast. Any suggestions?

Thanks.............Doc Hog:D

Hello Doc Hog -
I would say at least a week if you can. We always stay a week when we go to the east coast. I would think 4 days in the parks is plenty, even if you have never been here. One or two days to see other things and maybe a relax/pool day and a week is eaten up just like that! There is so much to do here in So Cal, it depends on what you like. Some of our favorites are: SeaWorld in San Diego, Laguna Beach, Getty Museum, Universal Studios is also fun for a day. I think MaryJo (one of the moderators) has a link on this board which lists lots of things. You could spend a whole week in the Disney area and never leave, too! Hope you make it out here in 2005 and have a wonderful vacation - Lulubelle:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter