Trip must haves when traveling with toddlers

Daniela Rose

Best. Day. Ever.
First WDW trip in September with our 2 and 4 year old. Any tips? Things you must bring that you wouldn't think of?

So far this is my list
Double stroller (bringing our own so we have it for the airport)
Rain cover for stroller
Garden grocer Delivery
Tinker bell gifts (encourage good behavior lol)
Ponchos (where to find little ones for a 2 yo?)
Cooler bag (will put ice in a ziploc)
Princess dresses
Minnie ears
Filtered water bottles

Any kid meds you might need, kid friendly snacks and drinks, a few toys for the room and due to a bad experience, a virus kit. Extra PJs, gaterade or pedialite , dry crackers, trash bags etc can be a life savor!my little ones did not like ponchos, a toddle rain coat was much better.

We usually just buy adult ponchos from 5 Below and cut the bottoms to fit my kids.

I'd also add to the list sanitizer and wipeys. Also a back pack is helpful for storing all these things in if you're utilizing the bus system (when folding up our stroller some things may fall out so having it hanging from the stroller for easy grab and go when boarding and unboarding is great.)
I'm assuming you already have sunblock, sunglasses, etc on the list as well.
My kids were 2 and 4 our first time- it was great! Have a wonderful time!

Any kid meds you might need, kid friendly snacks and drinks, a few toys for the room and due to a bad experience, a virus kit. Extra PJs, gaterade or pedialite , dry crackers, trash bags etc can be a life savor!my little ones did not like ponchos, a toddle rain coat was much better.

Oh no! The stomach bug is the worst and I'm sure even worse while away.

We usually just buy adult ponchos from 5 Below and cut the bottoms to fit my kids.

I'd also add to the list sanitizer and wipeys. Also a back pack is helpful for storing all these things in if you're utilizing the bus system (when folding up our stroller some things may fall out so having it hanging from the stroller for easy grab and go when boarding and unboarding is great.)
I'm assuming you already have sunblock, sunglasses, etc on the list as well.
My kids were 2 and 4 our first time- it was great! Have a wonderful time!

Thanks! I'm a little nervous with the then 2 year old. Melt down city.
Def will have lots of sunblock, sunglasses, a crossbody bag for the rides and a bigger ll bean tote for all the day stuff that will stay in the stroller while we're on rides.
Also def antibacterial wipes and sprays. Total germophobe lol.

Oh no! The stomach bug is the worst and I'm sure even worse while away.

Thanks! I'm a little nervous with the then 2 year old. Melt down city.
Def will have lots of sunblock, sunglasses, a crossbody bag for the rides and a bigger ll bean tote for all the day stuff that will stay in the stroller while we're on rides.
Also def antibacterial wipes and sprays. Total germophobe lol.
When my son was two years old, he was awful in pretty much every public place. He was WONDERFUL in Disney though! We did bring an iPad loaded with his favorite movies for the plane though and a few times had him watch a movie on our phone so we could actually chew our meals while there. (You may want to add one of those charged power pack things if you're going to do this!) However for the most part he was just so enthralled with everything going on around him that he was the best behaved he'd ever been! Hope it goes the same for you:)

When my son was two years old, he was awful in pretty much every public place. He was WONDERFUL in Disney though! We did bring an iPad loaded with his favorite movies for the plane though and a few times had him watch a movie on our phone so we could actually chew our meals while there. (You may want to add one of those charged power pack things if you're going to do this!) However for the most part he was just so enthralled with everything going on around him that he was the best behaved he'd ever been! Hope it goes the same for you:)

This gives me hope for our trip! DS is 19 months right now (he will be 23 months when we leave) and he has lots of public meltdowns. Our plan is lots of snacks, movies and Elmo!

Def bringing a portable charger. I'll have an arsenal of snacks. Stickers, little toys, coloring books, mini figurines. Gotta love that dollar tree!

Lots of great suggestions here! We have been taking our son since 7 1/2 months, and we're getting ready for his third birthday trip.

Here's some more ideas/favorites:
- Extra zip locks (for everything from dirty clothes to open snacks)
- Pack of glow sticks - can usually find for a $1 or two. Cheaper than the ones at the parks and enough for your kids to share with others.
- Activity packs - Can usually find these for $1 at Target, and they include a little coloring book and a few crayons and stickers. These are a lifesaver at meals.
- Dum Dum lollipops- saved us many times trying to wait in lines.
- We got a Cars plastic kid's raincoat at Buy Buy Baby a couple years ago. It has held up well and folds pretty small.
- and we always keep a travel-size pack of Clorox wipes (for tables) and Johnson & Johnson Face and Hand wipes easily accessible.

Lots of great suggestions here! We have been taking our son since 7 1/2 months, and we're getting ready for his third birthday trip.

- Pack of glow sticks - can usually find for a $1 or two. Cheaper than the ones at the parks and enough for your kids to share with others.
- Activity packs - Can usually find these for $1 at Target, and they include a little coloring book and a few crayons and stickers. These are a lifesaver at meals.
- We got a Cars plastic kid's raincoat at Buy Buy Baby a couple years ago. It has held up well and folds pretty small.
- and we always keep a travel-size pack of Clorox wipes (for tables) and Johnson & Johnson Face and Hand wipes easily accessible.

I literally have every single one of these things. Except our raincoats are princesses lol.

I'd add:
-thermometer
-Chapstick/lip balm or aquafor
-a few extra sippy cups
-small reuseable containers for "wet" snacks (cucumbers, cantaloupe, etc..basically items from your grocery delivery that don't do well in ziploc bags)

Swim towels, they are small, absorbent and useful if your child decides they want to go into a splash area or if it rains.

We love the target activity packs too. The Little Dover Sticker books are also great- tiny so easy to throw in your purse. Make sure to choose ones that say activity, make your own, decorate etc so it's not just a sheet of stickers. I don't go to a restaurant without them!
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_...&keywords=Little+Dover&ie=UTF8&qid=1492400425

We love the target activity packs too. The Little Dover Sticker books are also great- tiny so easy to throw in your purse. Make sure to choose ones that say activity, make your own, decorate etc so it's not just a sheet of stickers. I don't go to a restaurant without them!
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1?fst=as:off&rh=n:283155,n:4,k:Little+Dover,p_n_feature_eight_browse-bin:14487162011&keywords=Little+Dover&ie=UTF8&qid=1492400425

I've never heard of those sticker books, but they look great! Thanks for sharing!

Father of a 3 year old boy here. We ordered diapers and baby wipes through Amazon and had them delivered to the hotel. I bought a bunch of small cheap toys and put them in my carry-on for entertainment on the plane.

FYI - the T-Rex restaurant at Disney Springs was a huge hit with my son and just about every other toddler I saw in the restaurant. It may be a little bit scary for some kids though.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1?fst=as:off&rh=n:283155,n:4,k:Little+Dover,p_n_feature_eight_browse-bin:14487162011&keywords=Little+Dover&ie=UTF8&qid=1492400425

Those look great. I always stock up on the $1 ones at Michaels, party city and toys r us. They have stickers, crayons and coloring book.

This is clearly not something you can pack, but bring your ability to slow down and just relax. We just got back from a trip with my (almost) 2 year old. We did about one-fourth of what we typically do in the parks and it was so nice. No meltdowns from being tired, she just played in line and took it all in when she was on the rides.

We have gone with my son at 13 months, 18 months, 2 yo and now we will be going at 2/12. Here is what I found useful...
  • Stickers and the melissa and doug coloring book that uses the water pen. My 2 1/2 year old will be occupied for hours buy those two things and it is great for waiting on lines, in restaurants or traveling! The coloring book dries and the coloring is erased. You can use it over and over and just add water to the pen.
  • Fruit and snacks (my son loves o's and it keeps him occupied).
  • a stroller fan
  • anti bac wipes. You will need them to wipe things down. Think of all the kids sitting in the high chairs there!
  • a hat for the sun if they walk around
  • a small first aid kit. My LO skinned his knees on a bad fall and we had to go to the other side of the park to first aid. From now on I carry anti bac cream and bandaids.
  • Changing pad. I always put those down in the bathrooms either disposable or reusable.
  • Change of clothes. They get wet, they sweat, they get dirty lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter