Trick-or-Treaters Over Age 12 Can Face Arrest

I'd better warn my sister then. She trick or treated all the way up into her twenties. She probably would still be doing it if she didn't work 60+ hours a week.

I dropped my eldest off to go Trick treating last night, they were a group of 14-16 year olds. We of course don’t do Halloween nearly as good as the US, but at least we’ve recognised that it’s a fun thing to do for all ages.

I blame Disney for this law. Disney treats children as adults when they’re 10 so it stands to reason that the rest of the US will get onto it at some point ;)

Maybe the 60 year old does not have a lot of money and needs some snacks ;)

Lots of kids come around with their friends and no parents. The kids, some who are recent immigrants, don’t have a concept that they must dress up and poverty doesn’t help. That’s how it was for my husband and it’s the same for many kids today.

Some kids are on the spectrum and can’t tolerate any sort of costume.

Some kids come from religious families who are against Halloween so the kids just say they are going out with friends.

My city is a melting pot of people from all walks of life. Tolerance is the key to living in harmony with your neighbors. Very little judgement. Of course there will always be some jerks.

Kids on the spectrum can wear a superhero t-shirt without a tag, right? That's what our kids at school do for senior dress up on Halloween. I'm not sure it's okay for kids whose parents don't want them to trick or treat to be out trick or treating? Isn't that the kids being dishonest? I still think there should be a tiny bit of effort - we made costumes from trash, basically. I guess kids aren't supposed to put out effort any more though, or use some creativity (although slicking hair back with vaseline was not a good choice for my cousin that year...) I mean, trick or treat wasn't just a freebie candy event when I was a kid - you had to play the game, right? You could roll in dirt and drag a rag and be Pigpen from Peanuts. And if the immigrant families knew enough to go door to door to get candy, and the stores are loaded with costumes, etc, and the kids go to school, wouldn't they have a bit of a clue about it all? And if not, wouldn't they just ask someone from the community what's up? I mean, you can give your excuses, but they are just excuses. Explaining how easy it is to make a costume doesn't make one a jerk.

Had a pretty slow night on Halloween (goody - more candy for me).

By 8:30, we hadn't had any trick or treaters in an hour, so I took down the decorations and turned out the light.

I dropped my eldest off to go Trick treating last night, they were a group of 14-16 year olds. We of course don’t do Halloween nearly as good as the US, but at least we’ve recognised that it’s a fun thing to do for all ages.

I blame Disney for this law. Disney treats children as adults when they’re 10 so it stands to reason that the rest of the US will get onto it at some point ;)

Disney lets adults trick or treat during the Halloween party though.

Disney lets adults trick or treat during the Halloween party though.

Any adult that's willing to stand in line 30+ minutes for a piece or two of candy deserves it. It took us one party to realize that wasn't a good use of our time or money. We started buying DS whatever candy he wanted & forgot those lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter