Trial Run for Dogs in Resort Rooms

Do you think dogs should be allowed in guests' rooms?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
On one of the other threads on here there was someone who said they saw dog on boardwalk. Said it didn’t walk/act like a service dog. That’s one rule right there already broken.
And I bet no one officially reported it.
Probably just complained on DIS. Wdw can’t enforce things if ppl don’t report violations.

Did they stop and ask the dogs owner? A service dog may not have a vest, they can simply have a tag. Did they contact a CM to ask about the dog on the boardwalk?

Obviously I don’t have any of the answers to your questions but the post is on the yacht and beach thread if you want to look into it.

Did they stop and ask the dogs owner? A service dog may not have a vest, they can simply have a tag. Did they contact a CM to ask about the dog on the boardwalk?
I can't be for certain to be honest but this may be the post the other poster was talking about (apologies if it wasn't):
"We were in Epcot yesterday too it was crazy crowded. We left early. I agree it is not enjoyable when its that crowded. So far I have seen 2 dogs that were obviously not service dogs. You could tell by the way they were walking they weren't trained. One was a large dog walking around the YC the other was a medium sized dog on the boardwalk. I also saw a couple that appeared to be therapy dogs.
For the poster asking about tubs, our room has a tub, our room in May had a shower."

I can't be for certain to be honest but this may be the post the other poster was talking about (apologies if it wasn't):
"We were in Epcot yesterday too it was crazy crowded. We left early. I agree it is not enjoyable when its that crowded. So far I have seen 2 dogs that were obviously not service dogs. You could tell by the way they were walking they weren't trained. One was a large dog walking around the YC the other was a medium sized dog on the boardwalk. I also saw a couple that appeared to be therapy dogs.
For the poster asking about tubs, our room has a tub, our room in May had a shower."
Yes this was it.

My God, you would think that with the way people are talking here that the majority of pet owners are irresponsible, disrespectful, entitled people. I see quite a few "bad" parents at Disney. It would be easy for me to assume that most parents are irresponsible, disrespectful, entitled people. But the "good" ones don't stand out. You see the kid throwing a tantrum and the parents ignoring them...not the 20 other parents who told their children to stop. If you see a single pile of poop that should have been picked up you can choose to assume that dog owners are irresponsible or you could realize that 20 other piles of poop were picked up right before it. It's all in how you see it. I choose to assume that the vast majority are good, respectful people otherwise I would drive myself crazy.

I seriously can't wait to fast forward a few months from now when people see that this isn't the issue they are making it out to be. Hardly anybody wants to go to Disney with their dogs.

Also, what are you people feeding your dogs that they poop so much??

You're right. It is how you see it. If I see a single pile of dog poop lying around I'm going to be pissed. It will be an issue. I hope I'm wrong and the walkways remain completely poop free, but I doubt it.

This is why a national registry really needs to be set up as I do feel sorry for those with legitimate service animals that have to get the side ways stares and under the breath comments from people.

https://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...ervice+do.TRS0&_nkw=service+dog+vest&_sacat=0

I can literally buy one right now strap it on my dog and parade it wherever it says no pets allowed...and guess what? You can’t do a thing about it.

I too feel sorry for people with genuine disabilities who need the care and love from these animals.

I have no position on this policy as I would prefer to base any judgement on actual experiences rather than a series of "what ifs". I may join you in your dislike of the dog policy if my experiences with dogs at resorts turn out to be negative, but for the time being I'm officially neutral.

That's fine. I truly don't expect to change your mind, just expressing my own view points and concerns.

Since you singled out the "irritating" part of my post, ignoring the worse "may cause harm, like allergies or bites" part, I'd like to expand more on the barking issue. Personally, I don't really consider incessant barking a "what if" situation. I think it's a foregone conclusion, but YMMV.

Several people have expressed negative experiences at pet-friendly hotels with barking, (among many other things, but I'll stick to barking right now). According to a hotel manager at a pet-friendly resort in another thread, barking is the number one complaint. And when they call pet owners to tell them their dog's barking is annoying people, the response is usually "No, my Fido doesn't bark!"

But hey, it's just one data point. Maybe Disney dogs won't bark. :tongue:

This is why a national registry really needs to be set up as I do feel sorry for those with legitimate service animals that have to get the side ways stares and under the breath comments from people.

Fully agree!

And I bet no one officially reported it.
Probably just complained on DIS. Wdw can’t enforce things if ppl don’t report violations.
That's the problem. Most people on their vacation don't want to deal with reporting violations. I get it. I feel upset now. Will I look the other way when I'm trying to enjoy myself on vacation? I don't know for sure. Maybe?

https://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...ervice+do.TRS0&_nkw=service+dog+vest&_sacat=0

I can literally buy one right now strap it on my dog and parade it wherever it says no pets allowed...and guess what? You can’t do a thing about it.

I too feel sorry for people with genuine disabilities who need the care and love from these animals.
Good point....and so then it doesnt matter whether wdw allows pets are not. Wdw just decided to find a way to also charge for it.

That's the problem. Most people on their vacation don't want to deal with reporting violations. I get it. I feel upset now. Will I look the other way when I'm trying to enjoy myself on vacation? I don't know for sure. Maybe?
I agree 100%. But my point is that so many ppl have blamed wdw for not enforcing rules, but they can’t be everywhere so they have to rely on other guests to report violations. Personally, I mind my business. If it’s not directly affecting me & isn’t dangerous, I don’t worry about it. But, I also don’t complain about it.

That's fine. I truly don't expect to change your mind, just expressing my own view points and concerns.

Since you singled out the "irritating" part of my post, ignoring the worse "may cause harm, like allergies or bites" part, I'd like to expand more on the barking issue. Personally, I don't really consider incessant barking a "what if" situation. I think it's a foregone conclusion, but YMMV.

Several people have expressed negative experiences at pet-friendly hotels with barking, (among many other things, but I'll stick to barking right now). According to a hotel manager at a pet-friendly resort in another thread, barking is the number one complaint. And when they call pet owners to tell them their dog's barking is annoying people, the response is usually "No, my Fido doesn't bark!"

But hey, it's just one data point. Maybe Disney dogs won't bark. :tongue:
But (unless you’re already booked & can’t switch or don’t want to which I ageee sucks), you are not likely to hear barking dogs if you’re not in YC, FW, AoA, & POR.

I agree 100%. But my point is that so many ppl have blamed wdw for not enforcing rules, but they can’t be everywhere so they have to rely on other guests to report violations. Personally, I mind my business. If it’s not directly affecting me & isn’t dangerous, I don’t worry about it. But, I also don’t complain about it.
Poo on walkway. I will report. I hope that responsible dog owners report that too. Seeing a dog in an area where dogs are not supposed to be? Probably not really reportable. By the time you report it, the dog will be gone.

My God, you would think that with the way people are talking here that the majority of pet owners are irresponsible, disrespectful, entitled people. I see quite a few "bad" parents at Disney. It would be easy for me to assume that most parents are irresponsible, disrespectful, entitled people. But the "good" ones don't stand out. You see the kid throwing a tantrum and the parents ignoring them...not the 20 other parents who told their children to stop. If you see a single pile of poop that should have been picked up you can choose to assume that dog owners are irresponsible or you could realize that 20 other piles of poop were picked up right before it. It's all in how you see it. I choose to assume that the vast majority are good, respectful people otherwise I would drive myself crazy.

I seriously can't wait to fast forward a few months from now when people see that this isn't the issue they are making it out to be. Hardly anybody wants to go to Disney with their dogs.

Also, what are you people feeding your dogs that they poop so much??

Nothing to do with God...I believe most that are against the pet rule have experience in our own neighborhoods. I know in mine, lots of non-Floridians, don't care if they pick up poop, when they do don't take it home, and keep dogs on those awful leashes that are retractable. Children are NOT pets but yes, some parents ignore their kids, but they have been going to WDW longer than pets. We don't want to have to deal with pets on our vacation. PERIOD. Don't like unruly kids...do as some here have suggested about people not liking others bringing pets...stay home. Done.

Last edited:
Here is a question for those who support this policy.......

Would you report dog poo on walkways? Loud barking? Dogs in unauthorized areas?
I'm curious.
I would tell a CM about poop on the sidewalk so it could be cleaned up. I would call on a dog that is barking over the limit. If a dog is in a restricted area I might just ignore it because I’m not the dog police. Or, depending on my mood, I might tell the dog owner in a friendly way so they can remove the dog and not get into trouble.

Here is a question for those who support this policy.......

Would you report dog poo on walkways? Loud barking? Dogs in unauthorized areas?
I'm curious.

I would tell a CM about poop on the sidewalk so it could be cleaned up. I would call on a dog that is barking over the limit. If a dog is in a restricted area I might just ignore it because I’m not the dog police. Or, depending on my mood, I might tell the dog owner in a friendly way so they can remove the dog and not get into trouble.

Yup as robinb said in the post quoted 100% since they are giving us rule abiding dog owners a bad name

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter