Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

The CM was WONDERFUL! Whole thing took under an hour (lots of chatting as we went) She also booked Caring for Giants program for us at AK!!
How exciting! I can't wait. Did the CM mention overlapping fast passes, or did you happen to ask about it? There are a couple spots where I might like to do that if they're willing.

How exciting! I can't wait. Did the CM mention overlapping fast passes, or did you happen to ask about it? There are a couple spots where I might like to do that if they're willing.

It might depend on the CM. Mine would not allow any type of overlap, even with dining. Example, I already had a lunch ressie at Plaza at 1:30, so she wouldn't book Haunted Mansion any time after 1230 since it is a 1 hour window. She was extremely helpful, though, and I appreciated her assistance! Also, I didn't have to wait on hold for a long time which was nice!

Which would should I do? My daughter and I (she’s 34) are going 2/24-3/1 (five nights total). We’re doing a split stay. Yahct Club first two nights then staying at AKL Club Level 2 nights and then one night At AKL regular room. We’re going to Epcot on 2/25. Now here’s my question. There is a DAH 2/26 at AK and a DAH at MK on 2/28. Should I purchase the extra fast passes or do the DAHs instead? I love Pandora so If I do the DAH that night I may also use a regular park ticket so we can go earlier in the day also. So what would you do? Also on my check out day from AKL will I still have access to the lounge all day or does access end at checkout.

The CM that I dealt with was wonderful but also would not allow overlap. She also declined to book 2 Fast passes to Toy Story Midway Mania. That all being said it was the most relaxed I have ever been booking FPs

It might depend on the CM. Mine would not allow any type of overlap, even with dining. Example, I already had a lunch ressie at Plaza at 1:30, so she wouldn't book Haunted Mansion any time after 1230 since it is a 1 hour window. She was extremely helpful, though, and I appreciated her assistance! Also, I didn't have to wait on hold for a long time which was nice!
Was this with both the CLFP as well as the regular FP? That seems to me to be quite wrong since otherwise you'd be able to do it with the regular FP. For instance, I have a BOG lunch scheduled to fill up time between two fast passes, it would be sad to have to cancel that. And it's not even TS. Although I guess I can go back and change them later.

Can you change the time on the regular FP or do you have to wait until the 60 day mark to do that?

You can change the timing as soon as you end your phone conversation with the DSS CM.
Thanks for reassuring me. Because you know I have this finely tuned plan I've worked on for weeks that involves carefully calculated timing of shows and rides with a precise count of steps between each attraction as well as accurate readings of humidity, wind speed and position of the Gulf Stream and alignment of the sun moon & stars.

In other words- I completely overreacted! :tongue: It would be just fine if I couldn't change the steps- honestly it's great that we can even get extra FP in the first place!

Last edited:
Has anyone had any luck booking CLFPs one month out? The man just decided that actually booking rides for our December adults' only trip makes sense (sighhhhh) so although I booked all the thrill rides I want as a single rider I didn't book FoP and a few others that he now wants to ride.
I'm hoping the CLFPs are dedicated FPs and not part of the general pool.

Has anyone had any luck booking CLFPs one month out? The man just decided that actually booking rides for our December adults' only trip makes sense (sighhhhh) so although I booked all the thrill rides I want as a single rider I didn't book FoP and a few others that he now wants to ride.

They are part of the same general pool per all of my reading here, so your options will probably be pretty sparse at one month out. It never hurts to call and check, though.

The CLFPs are booked from the general pool of FPs open to all guests. Originally, it had been erroneously described by CMs as a separate pool which is now known as being untrue.

It may be easier to find FoP FPs on your own rather than to pay for FPs that you can’t switch out by yourself.

Which would should I do? My daughter and I (she’s 34) are going 2/24-3/1 (five nights total). We’re doing a split stay. Yahct Club first two nights then staying at AKL Club Level 2 nights and then one night At AKL regular room. We’re going to Epcot on 2/25. Now here’s my question. There is a DAH 2/26 at AK and a DAH at MK on 2/28. Should I purchase the extra fast passes or do the DAHs instead? I love Pandora so If I do the DAH that night I may also use a regular park ticket so we can go earlier in the day also. So what would you do? Also on my check out day from AKL will I still have access to the lounge all day or does access end at checkout.
Hi there! You'll be there almost the exact same time my H and I will...we're at BWI 2/23-2/26 and GF 2/26-3/2. We had the exact same dilemma as you did with whether to purchase AH tickets or the CL FP+. We went to DAH at MK back in September and it was absolutely incredible, so we decided to go for the DAH on MK on 2/28, but also bought CL FP+ for 2/24-2/26...I actually just hung up with DSS a moment ago. When thinking about DAH at AK and HS, I was concerned that there would be enough for us to want to do for 3 hours at those two parks, at night, in terms of rides. I get motion sickness pretty bad, despite taking medication for it, so I can't repeat rides like SDD, TSMM, TOT, FOP, EE, etc., over and over again or I get really, really sick. :( (On medication, I can ride most of them once and just get a little sick.) At the MK DAH, there's enough non-"thrill ride" stuff to do that we can easily fill those three hours, but at HS especially I just wasn't sure that there would be...and I wasn't sure how I felt about AK after dark because I really like KS and being able to see the animals and all the beautiful vegetation in full daylight. Sooo...for us, we decided the CL FP+ were the better value. But for people who just want to ride FOP an unlimited number of times, or ride the new TSL rides an unlimited number of times, their analysis may come out very different. We actually attended one of the AP events at TSL back in September, so we already had the opportunity to ride those an unlimited number of times, and I actually tried riding SDD twice and did indeed get sick. I'm sure I could go back later in the day and ride a second time, but the back-to-back thing in that tight of a time frame is a no-go for me. :(

Also...for those who were wondering, the CL FP+ program is indeed going strong and, at least by the estimation of the CM who helped me, there aren't any indications of it going away any time soon. I kind of hinted at overlapping times (was too nervous to outright ask for them, lol), and my CM indicated it wasn't possible. I too was intrigued by another poster saying they were allowed to overlap...but maybe they just got lucky with the CM they spoke with? I think we're all used to that from Disney by now, lol. Anyway, one thing I did learn is that DSS will notate any room requests (probably not news to other people but it was to me). I actually was just asking the CM what request I should put in when the time comes (we wanted a king bed if possible and a quiet room in the GF SL building), and whether there are any king bed dormer rooms in that building (anyone know???), and she said she would go ahead and put "quiet king bed away from lobby" and that the room assigner would be able to grant at least one of those requests. :)

Hope this helps anyone looking to book the CL FP+ in the future! :)

I too was intrigued by another poster saying they were allowed to overlap...but maybe they just got lucky with the CM they spoke with?

I read that post too. My impression is that we didn’t get the whole story on that one, or there was a misunderstanding. No overlaps has consistently been a feature of this program since the beginning - and while I don’t know this for sure - I’d sort of be surprised if MDX could actually technically handle it.

Enjoy your trip at SL!

Also on my check out day from AKL will I still have access to the lounge all day or does access end at checkout.

Sorry if I missed a reply to this earlier... but in case you didn’t get a response, you have access to all resort and CL amenities (including access to the lounge) for the full day of your check-out day - access doesn’t end at check out.

Enjoy AKL!

I know that folks have mentioned making sure there's no funny business on one's MDE before calling in to get CLFP.:magnify: Do you think that when mine shows a BOG ressie both for bfkst & lunch on the same day, that the CM will look askance at that? I just can't decide which we will do yet.

I do so hate to be looked askance at. Or askancedly looked at. Well, you know.

Last edited:
I know that folks have mentioned making sure there's no funny business on one's MDE before calling in to get CLFP.:magnify: Do you think that when mine shows a BOG ressie both for bfkst & lunch on the same day, that the CM will look askance at that? I just can't decide which we will do yet.

I do so hate to be looked askance at. Or askancedly looked at. Well, you know.

As long as you've a legal ADR or two they don't care:).
Just a heads up to my earlier post: Got the right info here regarding where the CLFPs come from- no dedicated pool. On the bright side, the CMs, are easily able to check during your entire trip to see if a specific ride is available instead of looking day by day as we have to do.

Last edited:
I know that folks have mentioned making sure there's no funny business on one's MDE before calling in to get CLFP. Do you think that when mine shows a BOG ressie both for bfkst & lunch on the same day, that the CM will look askance at that? I just can't decide which we will do yet.

I don't really consider two ADRs at BOG funny business... but my opinion is DSS won't look at or care about your ADRs. A CM that does look at your dining plans will likely do so to be helpful with FP timing/location recommendations or advice. Some will just book whatever you tell them to, some will act more like a 'planner' and try to be helpful with overall itinerary planning ('mapping out your day') - kind of depends on the personality and expertise of the CM.

Since the CMs don't want FP windows to overlap with ADR times, do they care how long after an ADR an FP is booked?

Since the CMs don't want FP windows to overlap with ADR times, do they care how long after an ADR an FP is booked?
I didn't try for anything less than an hour, but had no issues with an hour window for meal. My experience is about 90 minutes for TS since we don't rush, so I figure this gives us another half hour to get the next FP completed. ex: FP at 12:30, TS at 1:30, FP at 2:30

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter