TRex Cafe would you do this?

Duckyiam71

DIS Veteran
I am looking to save money on this restaurant because I know it will be expensive. They have a Safari Club for $15. You can receive a free appetizer or 10% off 4 entrees, 10 % off at the retail store and a $10 new reward which I am not sure what this is. anybody a member or have any other ideas on how to save here. Thanks:goodvibes

You can only sign up in the store and then they mail you the $10 voucher a few weeks later for use on your next visit so it will not help you on the first one. They mail you coupons for your birthday and sometimes your anniversary.

The store discount is also good at rainforest cafe but IIRC it's not valid on sale or clearance merchandise.

We have been members for years and it helps but if you are only going to go once it's not worth it. As long as you use the card once a year your membership is always valid but if you let it lapse more than 12 months you have to sign up again.

I did Landry's Club instead. It is $25 but you get $25 credit on your card to use. Also get $25 month of your birthday I took advantage of. It's good at RainForest, Yak and Yeti in addition to several restaurants you may have locally. % off merchandise coupons are easy to find. Just post here as most people have one good for when you're going. Also I get emails about specials occasionally.

http://www.landrysselect.com/SelectClubFeatures.aspx

Editing to add based on last post: You do have to sign up in a restaurant or online but I was able to locate a place that was a Landry's near me before I went so the $25 was loaded on my card before I went.

Thanks for the replies. I did not catch that you could not do it online. I like the Laundrys one but I would never use it. So we will go and just share some platters. Thanks again!:)

Is the Landry's Club also good at T-Rex? It looks as though it would be good at Rainforest and T Rex? Also, can you combine the welcome $25 and the birthday $25 in one visit - I wonder????

Is the Landry's Club also good at T-Rex? It looks as though it would be good at Rainforest and T Rex? Also, can you combine the welcome $25 and the birthday $25 in one visit - I wonder????

Yes and Yes... if you remember your coupon:laughing: I had BIL sign us up for our December trip since DH's Bday is December. This plus my MyPoints GC we were all set. I forgot to bring my coupon that was sent with my card for that welcome $25 :upsidedow, I thought it was on or attached to the card like the birthday $$$. Found the coupon about 2 weeks after we got home, felt so dingy! But yes you can use both at T-Rex at the same meal... along with a coupon if you have one....

Does this mean my Rainforest Card is good at T Rex?

Safari club, yes and the landry's select card, yes. Gift cards I'm not sure. I have used a Landry's card at trex but I can't remember if I used a rainforest cafe card.

Yes and Yes... if you remember your coupon:laughing: I had BIL sign us up for our December trip since DH's Bday is December. This plus my MyPoints GC we were all set. I forgot to bring my coupon that was sent with my card for that welcome $25 :upsidedow, I thought it was on or attached to the card like the birthday $$$. Found the coupon about 2 weeks after we got home, felt so dingy! But yes you can use both at T-Rex at the same meal... along with a coupon if you have one....

This is odd because my $25 welcome is loaded on the coard. We used one for DH last year in November and his welcome $25 was loaded on the card. Was this a really long time ago?

Thanks for the replies. I did not catch that you could not do it online. I like the Laundrys one but I would never use it. So we will go and just share some platters. Thanks again!:)

Well the Landry's one can be done online but you would need to order it far enough in advance to get it and activate it before your trip so the $25 would be on there. Also I know you said you would never use it, but if you plan to eat at least $25 worth of food then you aren't out any money really. Then keep it for future trips.

newtodlc--my $25 was loaded on my card. Also you have to join prior to your birthday month to get the $25 for bday. If you join within your bday month then you have to wait for next year. Also they tell you that you have to use it in your bday month. I didn't go that month but next month when I handed them my card the $25 was still on it. However, I wouldn't count on that happening again. So basically the card adds rewards. If you don't want to use them on your next trip but bank them and use all together, you have to do it online. You can not defer the bday.

Did that make sense? Basically you will have a balance on your card so if you get the card one month and load the $25 and you are going a few months later in your bday month you will show a $50 balance.

Another way to save money is to order an appetizer for your meal. I was just at T-Rex last weekend for lunch and ordered the sliders for my meal. I, an adult with a healthy appetite, could not eat all three of the sliders.

Next time we go with the kids, I will order the sliders and a side of french fries or onion rings and divide it between the three kids. It will be more than enough food for them and much cheaper than kids meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter