Treehouse Villas

Give us a wave! We'll have our Christmas lights up and our LGMHs prominently displayed. :goodvibes

Outdoor lights, not allowed. DVC website says they will be cracking down on that. And many guests don't appreciate the wilderness setting destroyed by red and green lights.

Outdoor lights, not allowed. DVC website says they will be cracking down on that. And many guests don't appreciate the wilderness setting destroyed by red and green lights.

That new rule has been removed from the MS website. Maybe it will be brought up at the annual meeting.

That new rule has been removed from the MS website. Maybe it will be brought up at the annual meeting.

But it has always been a part of the resort rules going back several years.

Are the grills at the THV charcoal or gas? We're staying there 3/12 and I'm starting to think that grilling out at least once would be fun.

Just got back from 4 nights, I found them very to have lots of room and with the extra ceiling height and the deck area they feel even larger. While transportation is a little harder if you get a unit near the south bus stop it is not all that far of a walk to the nearest SSR bus stop if the THV/SSR shuttle is not there or is you do not want to fold the strollers (it is rather dark at night though).

It is defininitly a unique experiace having your own "house" on disney property.

bookwormde

Thanks for the variety of feedback. I've been on the DIS long enough to know that there will always be those who love something and those that don't. I'll take it all into account.

My only follow-up question for those of you who've stayed there is whether you think it comfortably sleeps 9 people. It would be four adults, three teenagers, and two little guys. We will spend most of our time at the parks or the pools, but if we'll be tripping over each other trying to get to bed at night or get a bite to eat in the morning, it's probably not worth it. Thoughts?
You should be comfortable, yet intimate, with that group. When we last stayed there, we had 7 adults. The problem with that was that we had to pick one couple to take the bunk beds. My sister and her husband wound up in there.

Your only issue will be that three kids will presumably be on the beds in the living room. If you're not comfortable with a little one being in the top bunk, it would put one of them out in the living room. The bed and sleeper chair take up the entire living room area when unfolded. You can still get to the the kitchen and dining area, but it's an open layout. If someone sleeping here goes to bed early (unless they sleep very soundly), you'll need to either put them to bed in another bedroom and relocate them when the adults turn in, or all retreat to your own rooms when the kids go to sleep.

Fortunatly for us, it was a teenager who was sleeping on the couch, so he was always the last one awake anyway.

One important note... don't wait until everyone has started going to bed to make up the couch and sleeper chair. The linens are in the 2nd bedroom closet. We found out the hard way that the sheets to make up the couch were in the room where Grandma and Grandpa had already gone to sleep; and had to wake them.

i think it would fit you all comfortably. Like someone said, when the beds are pulled out, just walk through the kitchen to get to the table. there are bar stools too and you can eat at the counter.

I stayed there in May with 8 of us, and it was comfy. DH and I had the master, for the walk in shower for me, Niece and her hubby and baby had the 2nd bedroom, the boys, 13 and 5 at the time had the bunk room, and nephew 19 had the living room. Not once did we feel crowded, and bathrooms were never an issue. We used the busses, we were in 7031, and it was PERFECT. We walked down our sidewalk, and to the left was parking, and to the right was the bus stop. We kept the stroller and my wheelchair in the car, which saved a bunch on space in the THV. We cooked in the villa every night but one, and it worked perfectly for us. I would stay there again. We stayed on cash with the military rate, and if we were ever to buy DVC, that's where we would buy into. We adored the treehouses!!

Charcoal.

Thanks! I think I will plan a favorite grilled porkloin meal for one night when we are there so that we can enjoy the villa. I've never made a meal in a villa before, ever. But having a grill right there may be too good to resist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!