"Treat Yourself" December 2021 Exercise Challenge

Twilight Sparkle

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the December 2021 exercise thread! While we're working towards our final active minutes goals of the year, we'll explore some Disney holiday recipes we can make at home. We've accrued a lot of active minutes this year, so 'tis the season to treat ourselves to some yummy snacks!

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how it works:

Each person chooses a time goal and posts minutes towards that goal as they exercise. You can post daily or just catch up when you can. You decide what movement counts towards your goal - which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day.

Since December has 31 days, here are some common conversions:

15 minutes/day = 465
20 minutes/day = 620
30 minutes/day = 930
45 minutes/day = 1395
1 hour/day = 1860

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress.

10% - Baking Blue
25% - Orange Spice
50% - Pastry Purple
75% - Pink Punch
90% - Rolling Pin Red
100% - Gumdrop Green

We’re officially starting this challenge on December 1, but if you don’t find the thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join!! There's no better time than the present to start toward your goals! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and to check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Participants:
Twilight Sparkle - 2170/2200
sophy1996 -1070/1200
BonnieF - 335/500
ljcrochet - 628/550
PollyannaMom - 485/500
Piglet1979 - 376/930
Elizabeth Smith - 800/800
Raya - 505/310
EmilyGahr - 275/1000

Team Total: 6644/6990 95%

Last edited:

November humbled me in ways I hadn't imagined. I'm hoping to get things back on track in December as we gear up for our big move (haven't won the bid on a house yet). Going for a very very reasonable 310 minutes. Secret hoping to hit my stretch goal (465), setting the bar at a more realistic 10 minutes a day.

0/310

Yesterday completely got away from me, but better late than never!!! So glad to see you all! Let's get this party started!

We have a few minutes on the board already, and I'm sure many more to come. Congrats to sophy1996 for being the first to post minutes this month! :cheer2:

Our first treat is a totally selfish one for me. Ever since I had red velvet ice cream at the beach, I've been craving more of it. So when I saw this tasty delight, I was pretty excited to share it. It's probably too complicated for me to master, but if any of you give it a go, please share the results with us!

Hidden Mickey Red Velvet Cupcake
Hidden Mickey Red Velvet Cupcake

CREDIT: COURTESY OF WALT DISNEY WORLD

Theme park fans know that one of Disney's coolest design features is something you don't always see: the hidden Mickey. There are so many mouse-shaped designs hidden in the art and architecture of attractions as well as Disney movies. And this cupcake riffs off that tradition with a red velvet hidden Mickey baked inside.
To pull this off at home, you need this Mickey cake pop maker and this Moist Red Velvet Cupcake recipe. Once you have the Mickey cake pop baked and cooled, just place it — gently — in a regular cupcake mold and bake. Choose a cupcake batter with a light color like these Vanilla Cupcakes so the red Mickey design really pops when you cut through the cake.

Who else now wants a Mickey cake pop maker?!

Yet another credit: many of the recipes featured this month will be pulled from all recipes under the category Disney Christmas treats. If I find one elsewhere, I will credit that site, as well.

On the boards! Took a long walk before putting in an offer on another house. This one is absolutely stunning, but the seller wants a 45 day closing and full week to decide on the offer. :scared1: I'm trying to tell myself that it will be lovely to have a week of not house hunting but wow, it's gonna be a long week.

28/310 - 9%

On the boards! Took a long walk before putting in an offer on another house. This one is absolutely stunning, but the seller wants a 45 day closing and full week to decide on the offer. :scared1: I'm trying to tell myself that it will be lovely to have a week of not house hunting but wow, it's gonna be a long week.

28/310 - 9%
I hope the week passes quickly and ends with excellent news for you, Raya!

Starting off with 60 minutes, mostly putting my garden to bed for the winter - lol! Better late than never! The issue with my shoulder really stopped anything physical for a while, but it's so much better now!
@EmilyGahr, welcome to the group!
Raya - here's hoping 🤞
Twilight - oh that looks sooo yummy! and way beyond my baking skills!

60/500

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!