TRAVELING WITH YOUNG CHILDREN

cdenora

Earning My Ears
I'M TRAVELING WDW ON 05/10 AND I'M GOING TO BE STAYING AT THE CSR. THIS IS MY 1ST TIME TRAVELING OUT THE NEW ENGLAND AREA WITH MY KIDS THEY ARE 6 YEARS OLD AND 2 YEARS OLD. I'M KIND OF NERVOUS. THE 6 YEAR OLD IS PRETTY GOOD IN TRAVELING BUT I'M SCARED OF THE 2 YEAR OLD. ARE THERE ANY SUGGESTION IN KEEPING HER HAPPY?

I think the best of advice that I can give is that when you travel with a 2 year old, you must take it slow. Since your staying onsite, go back to your resort for a break if she get's too tired and cranky.

I would let your six year old pick his must do rides, and do those first, so then if your 6 year old has to leave because the 2 year old is being cranky, the 6 year old won't be too upset.

Have fun!

I agree with keeping your two year old well rested and also keep them well-fed and well-hydrated. We usually found that a well-timed snack or meal could easily buy you another hour in the park before you had to head back for a nap or whatever. Also we worried about melt-downs but really if you keep them rested and fed, they'll be fine. There is so much to look at and keep them occupied, they'll be too busy to have any major melt-downs (I hope, for your sake). Have a great time and just try to enjoy it!! ;)

We found the key to keeping our 2-year old happy was making sure he could take a rest in the afternoon. We brought his own stroller and there were times when he fell asleep in the stroller at the park. That was nice but not common.

The other thing we found helpful was keeping small snacks for him to munch on and lots of fluids to make sure he didn't get dehydrated.

There were so many different things to look at that he never got bored. But I think if we had pushed him and didn't go back to the hotel in the afternoon for a swim/nap then he would have been very cranky.

Also, we saw lots of young kids that were bright red from sunburn. We were very careful to keep lots of suntan lotion on him and also had a cotton hat that we would dip in water. He thought that was lots of fun.

We were coming from Northern Idaho then and typically had not seen sun for months so this really helped him adjust to the sun and warmer temperatures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter