transportation

desnudo1

Earning My Ears
i am heading for disneyworld (best western lake buena vista) on 1/20/01 and have decided to check out universal as well. will it be cheaper to rent a car, take public transportation, or a shuttle? looking forward to some input. this is a very informative site!! thanks. :) :) :) :)

How many people? Mears is share a ride and costs approx. $10-12 per person each way. You could rent a car but just for a day may not be worth the hassle. You could use Tiffany town cars a private car no waiting. Cost was $50 Round Trip from WDW to Universal. They have a website www.tiffanytowncar.com and there is a $5 coupon on the site. I am not familiar with public transportation in that area. Anyone help with that? You said you are leaving 1/20/01 thats tomorrow!! Have a great trip! Have fun... :D

jessica5.gif

Check with http://www.golynx.com/ for information on Orlando's public transportation.

BTW, I bartered with a taxi driver to take my party to Universal from Lake Buena Vista. It cost us $40 for the three of us round trip. Not bad. The hotels sometimes offer transportation for a fee but they usually charge per person. Like JessicaR pointed out, the size of your group can make the difference in what you pay.

Hey, have a great time!

-------------------------

MOM
Mother of Michael
Proverbs 3:5-6

hwink.gif

<font color=purple>Co-Moderator of the Community and Universal/IOA Boards</font color=purple>

When we stayed at the Buena Vista Hotel many years ago, they offered a shuttle to Universal. I would call the hotel directly for info.

If you take Lynx, it is cheap, but it takes about an hour to 1 1/2 hours to get to Universal.

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

Budget.com has an internet special... a Ranger pick up for just 19.99 a day! We'll be at the Poly for one day before we head off to our cruise, but wanted to see IOA, and renting a car seems cheeper than mears or tiffany and gives us the freedom to hit the grocery one more time before we take off!

boldblue.gif

mb:-) 'o'
navmick.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!