Transportation to and from BWI and AK/MK

nurseberta

DIS Veteran
Anyone have any info about how long it takes to get to AK and MK from BWI?
would like to take advantage of the early entry but don’t want to fight for the 1st bus departing. Not sure if we have to share buses with yacht, Beach, swan, dolphin and swan reserve? That’s a lot of guests. Wondering what the post Covid bus situation is. No complaints at all. I would be fine paying for Uber if it saves time. I’m just looking for some info about the process and what everyone’s experiences are

The last time we stayed at BWV, our bus was exclusive to BWV.
As I recall to AK was about 15 minutes, to MK was over 20.
To MK, I would take the bus. It drops you off by the gate. As I have read other reports, Uber cannot get to the resorts to drop off like they used to. If you get dropped off at TTC, you have to take the boat or monorail over which is even more time.

The last time we stayed at BWV, our bus was exclusive to BWV.
As I recall to AK was about 15 minutes, to MK was over 20.
To MK, I would take the bus. It drops you off by the gate. As I have read other reports, Uber cannot get to the resorts to drop off like they used to. If you get dropped off at TTC, you have to take the boat or monorail over which is even more time.
Thanks
Good point about MK I didn’t think about TTC
Just wondering if you have been since the Covid changes

don’t want to fight for the 1st bus departing.
I think you're thinking about it wrong.

You don't have to "fight" for the first bus, you have to fight for the 5th, 6th, and 7th buses. People don't rope drop the bus. If you're at the stop in time for the first bus, you will have beaten the crowds and it should be a comfortable ride.

We did a split stay in April. We were at BWV the second half, but just did EPCOT and HS.

I think you're thinking about it wrong.

You don't have to "fight" for the first bus, you have to fight for the 5th, 6th, and 7th buses. People don't rope drop the bus. If you're at the stop in time for the first bus, you will have beaten the crowds and it should be a comfortable ride.

Interesting. Maybe I am thinking about it wrong. Or maybe my question could have more details :)
I guess I am more looking to understand how social distancing and also staffing is affecting the opportunity for getting the bus. For example, say the bus starts at 8 am for a 9 am park opening and it takes 20 min to get to MK, is the bus capacity necessitating people who truly want to take advantage of the early entry get up at at the stop at 7:30 to ensure getting on the 1st bus? Is the bus going to the yacht club to pick up, thereby delaying departure? Not sure how things may have changed and just trying to plan accordingly.

Interesting. Maybe I am thinking about it wrong. Or maybe my question could have more details :)
I guess I am more looking to understand how social distancing and also staffing is affecting the opportunity for getting the bus. For example, say the bus starts at 8 am for a 9 am park opening and it takes 20 min to get to MK, is the bus capacity necessitating people who truly want to take advantage of the early entry get up at at the stop at 7:30 to ensure getting on the 1st bus? Is the bus going to the yacht club to pick up, thereby delaying departure? Not sure how things may have changed and just trying to plan accordingly.
If normal park opening is at 9:00 and you want to be through security, through the front gates, down Main Street, and enjoying things for the full 30 minutes of early entry, leave your room by 7:30.

how was it???
BWV is one of our favorite places to stay. It was a little strange as many of the store on the Boardwalk were closed. And the nightly entertainers were not there. Hoping they will be back this fall.
Love the area. It's great to be able to walk to 2 parks. In past trips, have had no issues with the buses.

was at BW last month. There was no resort sharing this time. As far as times.... I can not give you exact Bus travel times but i would estimate about 10-12 minutes to each being with AK being slightly less time. Your bigger problem is when the buses come.... If you truly want to take advantage of the extra 30 minutes you would want to leave your room 45 minutes before at the very latest. You will have no issues getting on the bus of your choice when it pulls up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter