Transportation from airport to Universal...Best way?

theSurlyMermaid

DIS Veteran
We used a Universal shuttle last year and that was not a good experience. Should we hop in a cab? Uber? Is there a best way to get transportation from the airport?

We used a town car service. I think it was about $100 round trip. Unfortunately, I can't remember the company we used. I have heard Uber doesn't pick up at MCO.

Uber Black (or Select, not sure what the name is now) is the only officially approved Uber to pick up at MCO but there's a workaround to get the much cheaper, UberX, via the onsite Hyatt. Whether it's worth it to you to save $15-20 over the abundant taxis waiting outside is up to you.

I have used Universal's shuttle several times and never had any issues. In fact both times we used it we were the only people on it and the service was great. The gentleman was actually at the baggage area before we were and he was so helpful and friendly.

We are using them again for our trip in April. For the price we paid it was really worth it.

I have used Universal's shuttle several times and never had any issues. In fact both times we used it we were the only people on it and the service was great. The gentleman was actually at the baggage area before we were and he was so helpful and friendly.

We are using them again for our trip in April. For the price we paid it was really worth it.

do you mind tell me how much the shuttle cost from airport to US portofino resort? We have 2 adults and 2 kids. thanks!

We've used Tony Hinds Transportation the last 5 years. I was going to link his website, but it won't load. I hope he's still in business.

I couldn't get the website to work right either, but the email macraven posted for him in the other thread worked great. He got back with me within minutes. I must have just timed it right. If you need to contact him, I'd just email him.

We contacted Tony Hinds and got a quick quote. He gets very good reviews and he quoted us $100 to take the 5 of us to Royal Pacific Resort from Orlando Airport. Sounds good to me!

Yep, another confirmation Tony is still in business. Last night I booked him for our September HHN trip.

Hi - I went right on the Supershuttle website and bought the tickets there. It was a total of $36 for 2 adults. We are not doing round trip this time as we are taking a cruise right after our Universal visit. They were doing an online discount when we booked. There is also an option to prepay the tip as well.

We've used Tony Hinds Transportation the last 5 years. I was going to link his website, but it won't load. I hope he's still in business.

He is...we just booked him. The link on his website is broken, but if you copy and paste in your email program, it should work. The # listed on his page is his cell number.

Tony just quoted us $100 r/t, plus gratuity for June. I've heard that he charges $60 for a one way transfer.

We reserved Tony last December and I already have him booked for our trip in November. On our first three legs of the trip, we had one of his drivers, and our last trip back to the airport, Tony drove us. Very nice man. He also gave us ladies a good bye hug! For the 5 of us, it's like $20 per person return...you can't beat that!

I've used Tony twice now (and got to meet the man himself on our second trip) and his service can't be beat. Even through it's a little more than a shared shuttle (depending on the number of people in your party), it's TOTALLY worth it. Both times we did a quick grocery store/liquor store stop, which was super convenient.

I used the Universal shuttle once and will NEVER use it again. Long story short, the shuttle was over an hour late picking me up (and only came after 2 increasingly panicked phone calls to the company) and by the time it arrived, I had about 45 minutes before my flight was scheduled to board. A heroic shuttle driver, curbside luggage check-in and TSA pre-check are the ONLY reasons that I made my flight that night. I called both Universal and the shuttle company (which contracts with Universal) and neither one seemed particularly concerned by my experience. I finally got my money back (which wasn't the point), but I lost all faith in their reliability. I know that others have had good luck with the shuttles, but it was one strike and you're out in my case.

We've used Tony but found the price was similar to what a cab would be so the next trip we took a cab from the airport to Universal and then did Uber from Universal back to the airport which ended up being cheaper in total.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter