transgender/ genderfluid dress at disney question.

Honestly, it’s a changing world. It’s somewhat hard to criticize an older person who was brought up differently. I don’t think it has to do with a “hayseed” town. I’d like to believe I wouldn’t be one of those who would snicker, but I am from an older generation.

Would it phase me to see a guy dressed like a woman? I probably would be a bit taken back, but would not think any less of that person.
Is that wrong, or just human nature for a baby boomer? I don’t know.

One thing is certain, and that is I would treat that person, if I met them, exactly like I would treat anyone else. I’m not sure what thoughts would go through my internal mind.

I’m just trying to be honest, not patronizing, not trying to make myself look good, not trying to sugar coat.
Honestly, I just don’t know what my internal feelings would be.
I hope you can respect that.
I saw another of your posts, which was awfully mean, and was going to comment on that but first checked to see if there was other context and so I see this. I'm not sure why you came to this thread but maybe it's because you want to have a better understanding and don't know how to go about it or maybe it's because you want to express your frustration with a changing world. Maybe it's both. But is this the place for any of that? This forum is here explicitly to support LGBT travelers. I hope you can understand how traveling can be especially complicated for people who are far too often targets of hate.

You can make it a generational thing if you want but I grew up with LGBT folk all around me, most of whom are well into their Medicare years. The difference between then and now is that there is a much broader refusal to let the bullies win. You can choose to be a better person if you want to, or you can long for times when hating gay people (and a lot of other people) was more acceptable. But if you choose the latter, you will be criticized and you will have earned it.

i entered at around 5ish on the second and changed into my costume at tommorowland, before spending till like 9 45 in the park enjoying the party. rain was a bit of a damper for most of it but i did get some complements on the outfit~
here was my photo at the end of the evening for me before i left.
You look great and I hope you had the most magical trip! Thanks for sharing!

I'm a crossdresser and went to Florida with my wife last year. Here is a picture of me by the castle. I decided to Minnie it up. :) Red polka dot peplum top, black capris, yellow sandals, silver nail/toe polish, black bag, and mouse ears. The day before, in the Animal Kingdom, I found a rainbow mouse ear pin in one of the stores! So I had to wear that too. I had an absolutely blast that day. We spent most of the day in the Magic Kingdom, and four people complimented me on the outfit. :) Then we went to the boardwalk area and had drinks. It was a great day!! I was a little bit nervous waiting in some of the long lines for rides, for fear that some midwestern soccer mom might out me, but I guess I passed pretty well that day. :) It was heaven and I encourage you to do it!!!

I got an error message when I tried posting my picture. It thinks I'm spam! I posted about it in the help section. Hopefully someone will reply there. :(

i appreciate that. but to reiterate. I'm talking a full on dress; like not "rainbow outfit thats still for the visually presenting gender" (no offense or assumptions meant, but just trying to be clear i.e pants and shirt for guys/dress for girsls) i mean i wanna go and have as fem as an outfit as i can put together. I'm not that concerned with people throwing looks, but i just wanna be sure the park itself wouldnt toss me. (..for the money involved in such a trip, i am sure thats a fair concern?)
I don't think WDW has any rules about dressing in a gender fluid manner, unless that includes obscene language or exposing too much of private parts -- which it doesn't sound like it does in any way. I am with those who vote to have at it & have fun. But, if you're generally concerned about how WDW CMs would react, they are the ones you should reach out to. With respect & props to my fellow DisBoarders, we can provide advice & support, but if you are concerned about money or having to go out & buy extra clothes when you're in FL, just give WDW a call. They will be honest with you.

eh, i am a very cautious person. i figure there's less "offensive" things than a 3 hundo plus guy in a feminine outfit, but when the downside is losing out on a 1000$+ plan, it pays to ask around first so i dont figuratively shoot myself in the foot. thank you all for the advice. i'm going to plan to have two (three counting my costume intended for the haloween event~) outfits on hand. dress; more discrete but still fem outfit; and whatever im doing for costume. leaning on a minnie. simple but still able to do cutely~
I hope you have a blast! Post pictures!

Honestly, it’s a changing world. It’s somewhat hard to criticize an older person who was brought up differently. I don’t think it has to do with a “hayseed” town. I’d like to believe I wouldn’t be one of those who would snicker, but I am from an older generation.

Would it phase me to see a guy dressed like a woman? I probably would be a bit taken back, but would not think any less of that person.
Is that wrong, or just human nature for a baby boomer? I don’t know.

One thing is certain, and that is I would treat that person, if I met them, exactly like I would treat anyone else. I’m not sure what thoughts would go through my internal mind.

I’m just trying to be honest, not patronizing, not trying to make myself look good, not trying to sugar coat.
Honestly, I just don’t know what my internal feelings would be.
I hope you can respect that.
I'm from an older generation, too. When I was younger, I would snicker, but I've outgrown it. Live & let live. Besides, I worked for an HIV/AIDS organization for almost 4 yrs & was introduced to all stops on the spectrum. I grew up.

I'm from an older generation, too. When I was younger, I would snicker, but I've outgrown it. Live & let live. Besides, I worked for an HIV/AIDS organization for almost 4 yrs & was introduced to all stops on the spectrum. I grew up.
:sad2:

i entered at around 5ish on the second and changed into my costume at tommorowland, before spending till like 9 45 in the park enjoying the party. rain was a bit of a damper for most of it but i did get some complements on the outfit~
here was my photo at the end of the evening for me before i left.

were you there on the MNSSHP opening night on 8/12. I think I saw you. Hopefully you had a blast and nobody bothered you. The weather was not good that night and parades and shows got canceled but it was still fun. Cheers hope you are already planning your return trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter