• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

transferring and combining points

pixieprincess925

I can't get to Disney soon enough!
I'm considering a week long trip to Aulani in a couple years and want to do some pre-planning of points - you know put aside what we need, etc.
I will probably be transferring some points from a friend, different use year than mine, and I don't own Aulani, so this will be a 7 month reservation.
Once the transferred points are in my account, can I combine them with mine to span the entire stay? or does it become some nights from my points and some from the transferred points and I need to tell the hotel it's a continuing stay?

You can use them all together. You just need to make sure the points you get are valid for the trip as they will retain their own UY.

You will not be able to use them online to book, so you will have to call MS, which would lose you that extra booking hour,

To avoid that, book at 7 months the number of nights you can at 8 am using your points, and then when you call at 9 am, the CM can add the nights you need with the transferred points.

Also be aware that once you have a reservation with transferred points, it cannot be modified online either so any changes, including names will need to be done by calling.

Update! It looks like DVC made changes to the website and there is a way to use transferred points online to book and modify. Just happened today,

They only show up when you go to actually book, so you have to keep track, but it’s a huge plus for those that have multiple UYs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter