TRAILS END FOR CHRISTMAS DAY

FtW Mike

DIS Veteran
Our 180 day mark hit a few days ago and I was online at 7 am start to make reservations. Mostly a smooth process. Got all I wanted at times I wanted All but Christmas Day. We are hoping for late afternoon time frame think 3:30 to 5 pm . Well the website tell me nothing available Okay no problem I will try earlier, still nothing, later, you guessed it nothing. Just to see what is available I started with earliest time listed and went through every hour listed. Not any availability all day. Get on yhe phone and call Disney They have no idea and can only suggest I keep trying but were able to book me into Whispering Canyon as a backup. Dropped an Emai to our TA explaining my problem and asked her to look into it and during her daily checks for others to add me to that list and if she does learn something to reach out to me with what she learns.
Can't help but wonder has anyone here had this happen to them. Are they not releasing reservation slots yet as it is Christmas? My wife questions if they will open. Did The NSS Book it for the entire day for a private party? Did DISNEY close it for a CM only dining day to mourn the potential Loss of The Rusty Scupper to their ranks ? Anyone that might know we would love to hear from You Thanks in advance
l

If I had to guess, I'd say it was not released yet. I cannot imagine that they would be closed on Christmas Day. While I get that many businesses would close on Christmas Day so that the Employees can spend time with their family. WDW is a totally DIFFERENT business model and holiday's is when they need people the MOST!

I suppose it is possible that it's "Booked" but I think it's more likely they have not released the openings yet which means you will have to keep after it and "Pounce" when the openings occur.

Good luck with the efforts. If necessary you should work to "Recruit" the NSS to your cause and invite TRS to join you for your ADR. Hey.... Every little bit helps, Right?

Still checking every day and DME says they will be open normal hours but no Available seating at all during the day. Something is up as we did make ressie for Candlelight Processional for the 24th

Tink must have been spreading all sorts of Pixie Dust around here yesterday. Tried again at 7am for a reservation with no luck. 2 hours later I saw my DME app and said what the heck. There it was The only thing available all day was for 4:25pm 5 min before the time we really wanted. The sacrifices we have to make but I booked it anyway

Oh.... If it were me, I would have DEMANDED the time I wanted.... I mean 5 minutes is like an eternity.... right?
:furious:

Oh wait.... that's my DD12 talking.
:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter