Traders Sams with kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a great idea ,grab dole whip and take the boat to WL -
I'm sure the kids would love it
At that point you could look around and grab a bite at Geyser Point or
check out all the cool stuff & still boat back to the contemporary for dinner !

What’s there to see at Geyser Point? We’re staying at wilderness lodge so even if we don’t do it this first day maybe we’ll do it another!

What’s there to see at Geyser Point? We’re staying at wilderness lodge so even if we don’t do it this first day maybe we’ll do it another!

There really isn't much to see at Geyser Point, though it's a lovely spot and have fairly good QS food. If you are staying at WL, there are a lot of things you can do - the front desk and concierge CM's have hand-outs that explain the architecture, totems and various artifacts on display, if you go to the small living room/sitting area at Boulder Ridge (next to WL), you can see some of Walt Disney's railroad cars that he used in his own backyard. You may already be planning to do this, but I highly recommend boating over to Ft. W to go to the playground, see the stables, etc. At Christmastime, HDDR does some holiday songs during the meal and you can even take a wagon ride or private sleigh ride to see the Christmas decorations that guests staying in the campground put up for the season.

My only other concern for this is that there may be a wait to get into the actual bar. It is a very small space with limited seating. Now the outside terrace area is just fine. I have been there few times. I would go there or Capt. Cooks to get some food and walk around the resort to kill some time. Looks like you will have a couple of hours to fill. I would even resort hop the monorail resorts.

Would you take your kids to a dive frat bar with drunks all over the place? If so TraderSams is great. If not, give it a pass.

(Can you tell I was overly unimpressed with this joint. It stunk! and watching 50 year olds act like drunk college kids was only mildly amusing for a short period of time)

My opinion is that kids at Trader Sam's are fine - I've seen it on nearly every visit. Its so loud in there, kids would not be a bother to adults enjoying a drink. I would probably not take bar seats up with kids, but there are tables where I think its fine.

The problem with OP's plan is that there is a good chance there is a wait to get in that time of day. And even if you can get in relatively quickly, that does not guarantee you a seat - especially a table large enough for a party greater than two. The place is very small and there is standing room which they allow. Every time we have gone, we've arrived 30-45 minutes prior to opening and have been able to get a seat. After an hour or so, we leave and there are people stalking our table inside, and others loitering outside with pagers waiting to get called in. I believe Trader Sam's opens at 3pm now, so early evening would be primetime IMO.

I'll also add that the Trader Sam's menu is relatively small, appetizers, and many of them are unique and may not appeal to younger kids - unless they have advanced palettes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter