Trader SAMs

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Tricia's mom, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Maistre Gracey

Maistre Gracey DIS Veteran

It's a fun place no doubt, but if you ever get the chance, visit the one at DLR. It is a thousand times better IMO.

MG

Monorail Bob's dd likes this.
  2. snowybelle

snowybelle Mouseketeer

Krakatoa Punch is my fave.

Also, agree with previous poster, DLR's Trader Sam's is even better than WDW's.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Moliphino

Moliphino Mouseketeer

Disneyland's is nice, but they don't have as many effects which I found disappointing. They don't do anything for the Hippopotomaitai (the bartender told us someone complained).

I think I've had everything on the menu and there's no bad choice.

5. BigAlsGal

BigAlsGal DIS Veteran

Oh. I was on the terrace. I didn't know they served different things inside and out.

6. POTCfan

POTCfan Mouseketeer

As far as I know, the Spikey Pineapple is the only thing that is different, and it is only available on the Terrace. Not sure if it is because the bartenders inside would actually have to leave the bar to go get the Dole Whip to make the drink, of if they wanted something special on the Terrace that wasn't available inside.

Stefecatzz and BigAlsGal like this.
  7. gingerfeathers

gingerfeathers DIS Veteran

From the inside part, yes. We were not allowed to take our drinks out with us (sounds like there were problems with people not paying for the souvenir glasses and taking them anyway). If you order from the outside bar, I'm going to guess you're fine.

8. GaSleepingBeautyFan

GaSleepingBeautyFan DIS Veteran

Just stopped in for a bit this weekend on Saturday - Feb. 11th. We couldn't get into the main bar - there was an hour and a half wait at 10:30p. There was a bachelorette party going on so they were taking up alot of the bar. We did put our name in and get a pager just in case.

So we went to the outside area and found the last open table available. We tried the pork tacos - ok but not a fan of the pickled vegetables and the dumplings which were delicious.

I had the Polynesian Pearl to drink and loved it.
    My husband tried one of the beers and then got the Nautilus. He collects anything with that on it so he had to try that drink - I tried it and didn't like it, something about the juice. He finished it off - he said he'd never get it again, too sweet for him.
    We left at 11:30p and the pager still hadn't gone off. So I turned it in when we left.
    We would go back there.

Buckeye218 likes this.
  9. PrincessWithABlaster

PrincessWithABlaster DIS Veteran

My question was from a while ago. :teeth: But in case anyone else is curious, they were very happy to give it to me to go from the terrace. I didn't try inside but I would guess that if you asked them upfront for a to go cup they might do it.

gingerfeathers likes this.
  10. Cinderella94

Cinderella94 I miss my tags!

Is the terrace seat yourself?

11. KSR0330

KSR0330 Mouseketeer

We (hubs, adult son, teen son and me) went there before our Ohana dinner and got: the Headhunter Sushi Roll, Kalua Pork Tacos, HippoototMai-Tai, Kona Beer Flight and Shrunken Zombie Head. Younger son got a non-alcoholic drink- I don't remember what it was. Everything was delicious!

Buckeye218 likes this.
  12. rosiebean

rosiebean Mouseketeer

We went the first week of December, just after Thanksgiving. Got there between 4:30 and 5, and there was plenty of seating inside for our party of four. The bartender antics were FANTASTIC. We had a great time. We didn't eat, but got Shrunken Zombie Heads, Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum (that was mine, and it was fantastic), Krakatoa, Uh-Oa! and the Nautilus. Great fun all around. We'll be back if the time of year and time of day plans work with our schedule.

Buckeye218 likes this.
  13. js

js Been around since before the 90s crash

Hi. Can you have an actual dinner here too? Is it apps and drinks? Thanks so much!

14. IsThatYouTigger

IsThatYouTigger Mouseketeer

Yes! Just ask for a to go cup!

15. cgattis

cgattis DIS Veteran

Just apps and drinks. And the apps were small portions, IMO. But so much fun!!!

16. Stefecatzz

Stefecatzz "If nothing changed, there'd be no butterflies."

The dumplings were the best thing I've eaten there (will never get the sushi again, had to be refunded for it bc it was inedible, Way too much rice vinegar seeped into the rice).

Best drinks I had were the mai tai & the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki rum. IMO the pearl was a fun drink but tasted like rum mixed with cinnamon soy milk. Not my taste but others seem to like it. Maybe I was there on an off day that day?

17. ErinsMommy

ErinsMommy Your words have powers. Use them wisely.

Can someone post pics of these souvenier glasses the various drinks come in?? :)

18. Maistre Gracey

Be forewarned... the souvenir glasses get expensive.

MG

19. Maistre Gracey

We thought the menu was too limited. It was hard to find anything we even cared for.

MG

20. ErinsMommy

ErinsMommy Your words have powers. Use them wisely.

Everything in Disney is expensive. We come prepared. :goodvibes

21. Maistre Gracey

Indeed!!! I think my nephew bought the nautilus glass and it was.... guessing around $35 ??

MG