Trader SAMs

Tricia's mom

DIS Veteran
Who has been and what are the best things you ate an drank ??

Trying to make a plan of attack to check it out on our next trip.

We went during Christmas. We went inside, but there were only bar seats. My mom has a bad back, so we couldn't really do the stools. We sat outside, instead. Even though we didn't get the antics, we still really enjoyed it. It was a very warm night and being outside was awesome - especially knowing we'd be heading back to cold New York.

It's worth noting that you can order drinks without the souvenir glass. It's not that my dad didn't wanna spend the extra money, but he was worried about carrying it home. I still got it. They're pretty awesome. I THINK I went with the HippopotoMai-Tai. It was good, but a little too lemon-y for my liking. I wanted something a little more sweet than sour. Looking back, I wish I got the spikey pineapple or the tiki tiki tiki tiki rum. I think my sister got the shrunken zombie head and really liked it. My mom got a non-alcoholic drink.

We didn't try the food, as we were stuffed from 'Ohana. They had outdoor entertainment, which was awesome.

If you don't like rum, this might not be the spot for you. It has fun drinks, but I can see non-rum drinkers not enjoying it. If you don't like rum, try the Hangar Bar.

Shrunken Zombie head is really really good. I had two (one is souvenir glass). My husband had the Nautilus (in the souvenir glass as well), and it was waaaay too fruity for me. Tasted like Juicy Juice, but he was on a mission to get the big boat glass it comes in.

Who has been and what are the best things you ate an drank ??

Trying to make a plan of attack to check it out on our next trip.

We went twice on our recent trip. We got there soon after opening at 4:00 both times. We tried the HippopotoMaiTai, the Nautilus, and the Mojito, plus DH tried the Kona beer flight. For food we had the potstickers and the tacos. I'd get any of it again; it was all good.

We really liked the atmosphere and the servers were very personable. They were also welcoming of our 3 year old (who actually fell asleep on DHs lap at one point). This is definitely on our must do list for next trip.

In Sep 2015, got the Hippopatomaitai and shrunken zombie head. Both were good, but think I liked the Mai-Tai better. Only got the Mai Tai souvenir glass though. I read about it online and knew a little about the atmosphere when we went. My wife and I both enjoyed it very much and plan to go back.

I should add, these were the strongest drinks I've had on Disney property. Hope it stays that way, but I tend to doubt it.

Last edited:
Remember if you're bringing children: nobody under 21 allowed in after 8 PM. (And they mean it...the kids have to leave on the stroke of 8)

Remember if you're bringing children: nobody under 21 allowed in after 8 PM. (And they mean it...the kids have to leave on the stroke of 8)

They're very clear about this when you enter: they said they're family friendly until 8:00 and meant it. That's one reason we went at 4:00. :-)

The rule for children is inside only, correct? I had read that families were welcome outside.

In love with the Spiky Pineapple and the Black Pearl - they were the only drinks I tried on our 3 (4?) trips there because they were so good. The Black Pearl is the only drink that CANNOT be ordered without the souvenir mug because it's plastic and can't be re-used. The Spiky Pineapple does not have a souvenir glass option.

We went in November. The atmosphere was fun and I'm glad we went to have the experience, but I'm not sure we will make it a "must do". I had the Krakatoa Punch and DH had a couple beers. The drink was good and the servers were really fun. But for one specialty drink and 2 beers, the bill was over $30.

Any idea of the hours? Thinking of ditching the teenage/ young adults at the MK and checking it out during an PM EMH.

Dumb question but are there any issues with ordering there and taking the drink to the beach for fireworks or back to your room?

I love the spikey pineapple extra spikey! Also had the lettuce cups.

Pearl was good too.

Any idea of the hours? Thinking of ditching the teenage/ young adults at the MK and checking it out during an PM EMH.

Pretty sure it's 4pm-12midnight. Try the Uh-oa, and the Mai Tai. I think TS has the best mixed drinks on property.

Dumb question but are there any issues with ordering there and taking the drink to the beach for fireworks or back to your room?
As long as you've paid, I can't see why not. We took ours back to the room via picking up kiddo at Lilos Playhouse. According to the CM there, at least half of parents come back for their kids clutching some sort of zombie or shrunken head, so I think it is commonplace to take your drinks "to go" :)

We went in November. The atmosphere was fun and I'm glad we went to have the experience, but I'm not sure we will make it a "must do". I had the Krakatoa Punch and DH had a couple beers. The drink was good and the servers were really fun. But for one specialty drink and 2 beers, the bill was over $30.

I paid 73 after tip for just the nautilus, I had to get the mug to take home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter