TR - 04/10-08/10 Day 1! - Long!

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board' started by wendybird7, Oct 12, 2007.

  1. wendybird7

    wendybird7 Mouseketeer

    Mar 7, 2007
    Sorry it is so long guys - but enjoy! :goodvibes

    In attendance:
    Me – 21, been going to DLP since I was a little girl, huge Disney enthusiast, loves rollercoasters and Cinemagique! :cool1:
    DDM – 47, has been taking me there (for her own benefit ;)), loves everything about it! :cool1:

    4/10/07 – 8/10/07 – Day 1

    We woke up very early, 3am to be exact, ready to leave for Edinburgh airport at 4am for our flight at 6am. When we go to the airport after an uneventful drive there, we checked in smoothly and quickly and then went upstairs to grab a cup of tea and a muffin. It didn’t feel like that long since our last trip in May – but in a way it felt like forever! :yay:

    We finished our drinks, Mum went outside for a puff and then we went back in to go through security and get a skoosh of some lovely perfume (liking the new Marc Jacobs one!) We bought a couple of mags for the flight and then went to the gate. We were delayed by quite some time, probably about 40 minutes for some reason, however somehow we still managed to make it to the airport bang on 9.15am, as scheduled! Who knows? :confused3

    When we arrived we were a bit tense as we had the TGV booked for 10.28am, and had no idea where it was! :worried: It took us about 15 minutes to get off the plane, 20 minutes to get to the terminal as the bus driver had no idea where he was going and then another 20 minutes to get our bags, so I was a bit infuriated when Mum *had* to have a cigarette 20 minutes before the TGV was due! :mad: However, after she came back in we followed the slightly confusing signs (apparently arrows pointing down mean straight ahead…:confused3 ) we found the station, then platform 4 and the TGV was just pulling in! Phew! :thumbsup2

    We got on and found our very comfy seats…which really wasn’t necessary as we saw Space Mountain in the space of 6 minutes! :banana: We simply could not believe the speed of this thing, it was so much less hassle than the VEA shuttle buses, and about the same price too. Plus, no one actually checked our tickets going to DLP or coming back…Bit odd!

    Before we knew it, we were in Disneyland, still in awe of the speed of the TGV! We wandered up to the Sequoia Lodge bus stop, and wondered if we would be able to get checked in before the check out time of 11am had even passed. The bus came after a 10 minute wait and we arrived at the gorgeous hotel.

    There was no queue, so Mum filled out the check-in form and then a really helpful woman helped us to check in, but explained that our room wouldn’t be available until 3pm. :scared1: We simply could not wait until 3pm as we were so tired, so we used our fall-back plan of saying I was ill on the flight (karma would get me the next night – but let’s save that for day 2!) and she said ‘OK, I was going to give you a lake-side room but since this is exceptional, I’ll give you a room straight away’. :cheer2: While a lake-side room would have been lovely, but there is no way we could have went to the parks and then back – we were basically sleep-walking!

    We found our lovely big room (4292, North Wing) and I realised we had been upgraded to a Montana room (we had a mini bar and it was in the main hotel) and she hadn’t even said. I guess they must do this quite a lot. We unpacked, had a cup of tea and then fell asleep until around 3pm. I am SO in love with the beds here! :cloud9:

    When we woke up we got ready and watched the Disneyland Park video on the TV…Why are the girl presenters so purposely annoying!? :mad: I much preferred the old guides without the presenters, I think you actually get a better sense of the parks without these crazy girls running around and screaming at you!

    Anyway, about half 3 we left the room and strolled to the parks. The weather was overcast today, not as sunny and hot as the BBC website had made it out to be! Still, no rain which was definitely a good thing. The trees and leaves looked gorgeous and autumnal, and we tried to let it sink in that we were back! :yay:

    Soon we were at the turnstile and into Main Street USA, where people were waiting patiently for the parade. We were home! The castle as usual held our attention, and we noticed how great the park looked with the pumpkin men in the short run-up to Halloween. :hmghost: We stopped off at the Market Street Deli for a bite and a cup of tea as we were both very unimpressed with the Air France ‘breakfast’! I had one of their gorgeous cheese and ham croque monsieurs (SO wish I could make these) and an iced tea, mum had a cup of tea, as she doesn’t eat much during the day.

    We were lucky enough to get a seat by the window so we could watch the parade, which is what happened on the first day of our trip in May too. I really like this parade, especially Maleficient and the Queen from Snow White, they look fab! Oh – and Tigger on his jumping sticks! :tigger:

    After this we wandered over to Fantasyland then to Pirates of the Carribean, as we thought IASW was shut, therefore not getting to do our first traditional ride :sad2: Just realised we only went on Pirates once – aw :sad: But such a great ride and nice to see the swinging pirate is back and, well, swinging!

    After this the details get a little hazy, but I do remember that we got to go on Big Thunder Mountain, IASW, Phantom Manor and I think Snow White too. We were really just soaking up the atmosphere, though we were rather tired!

    When closing time at 7 came we decided to go to Planet Hollywood, as we have always enjoyed our meals here. There was about a 15 minute wait and then we bought 2 glasses of rose wine (not great) and relished in the fact that we could smoke at the bar! (Just to let you all know – I gave up smoking on the Sunday night of my trip, but more of that on Day 4!) We sat on the floor for about 20 minutes as it was so busy, then just as we grabbed a seat, our names were shouted. :banana:

    Mum had the Spaghetti Pomodoro and I had the L.A. lasagne…Not as great as previous visits, the lasagne was still tasty but a bit too much meat for me. Mum’s Pomodoro was OK, however with us both being part Italian (and lovers of food!) we felt the sauce was tasteless and there were too many chunky tomatoes…Still, good, decent and very filling food for what I reckon is a decent price. Plus, fun to watch all the film clips! :happytv:

    After dinner we had a little look in the shops in Disney Village, but soon stumbled home to our hotel room for some reading, before we collapsed about 11pm, dreaming of our first full day in the parks!:cloud9:

    Day 2: Crush’s coaster :woohoo: Plus, wendybird gets sick :sick:
  2. DLPdaft

    DLPdaft <font color=royalblue>Cannot stop singing "Just li Moderator

    Jun 3, 2007
    Great first-day report Wendybird,

    More please :banana: !

  3. Avatar


    to hide this advert.
  4. marcus.ka

    marcus.ka Disney Hotel Fan

    Jan 18, 2005
    That is not too long. Thank you. :thumbsup2
  5. **TINKS**

    **TINKS** .~*~.Sprinkling Magical Fairy Dust.~*~.

    Mar 31, 2007
    great trip report cant wait to hear more ... :goodvibes
  6. Ware Bears

    Ware Bears Bring me that horizon Moderator

    Jan 23, 2003
    Oh no, I don't like the bit at the end about you being sick tomorrow. :sad2:

    Still, you had a great first day. :goodvibes
  7. Cyrano

    Cyrano DIS Veteran

    Oct 23, 2004
    Great start.
    Hope the next day is not spoiled by illness as hinted :)
  8. MazdaUK

    MazdaUK <font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><

    Sep 17, 2004
    That's not long - see what I do when I egt going:rotfl2: Ready for day 2 now!:banana:
  9. mikelan6

    mikelan6 World Traveler, Usually Optimistic

    Sep 20, 2000
    Anxiously awaiting more! Thanks.

Share This Page