Toy Story Land - soft opening chances?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by BigredNole, Jun 14, 2018.

1. BigredNole

BigredNole DIS Veteran

We are Platinum AP holders. We arrive later tonight. Wondering what the odds of a soft opening for Pixar Place may be while there over the next week?

2. Klayfish

Klayfish DIS Veteran

We arrive tonight too, and have the same APs. Not expecting anything. If it happens, wonderful, but I doubt it.

Hopefully and BigredNole like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. FastPasser.

FastPasser. DIS Veteran

Between the CM Pep Rallies, CM previews, private previews for various groups and the Media previews, they'll be able to do a lot of testing before it opens. I think that reduces the chances for day guest previews significantly. I'd go with this:

5. gap2368

gap2368 DIS Veteran

Slim to none leaning towards none

rteetz likes this.
  6. Hoodie

Hoodie <font color=purple>Going to BC and GF with one wee

7. TheRealTeal

TheRealTeal Earning My Ears

Not sure what having an AP has to do with it? They already announced the special events for AP's are in September.

LilyWDW, leiaorgana and AngiTN like this.
  8. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

Exactly. If they had any soft openings it wouldn't have anything to do with being an AP. It would have everything to do with being in the right place at the right exact second. And that is going to be extremely small chance. Since it's not even likely they'll open and pull people off the "street" to come in. I mean, I'd never say never and for sure wouldn't vulture around the entrance hoping for it. Go about your regular day at HS and if you get lucky, you get lucky.

rteetz likes this.
  9. gharter

gharter DIS Veteran

According to other youtube blogs, TSL will be having soft openings somewhere between 6/22 and 6/27.HOw many and how it will work wasn't spelled out. I'm surprised that if they have the soft openings, that they arn't having AP or DVC times during these dates.

Hopefully likes this.
  10. Mr. Drauer

Mr. Drauer Mouseketeer

You have 2 CM on DIS telling everyone that there are no planned soft openings and not to expect any, have Disney already announcing the AP "preview" in September, and you still expect them to announce AP and DVC previews prior to Media days? From all reliable sources, they are going to have work 24/7 to get AS2 completed on time and only SDD is open during the CM pep rally training events.

Carriemel likes this.
  11. gharter

gharter DIS Veteran

Theres always different rumors and different sources. The one I was quoting has generally turned out correct. Guess we will see which ones are correct. Doesn't really matter to me as we won't be there for it anyway.

12. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see that they open the gate for oh, 5, 10 min and ask any guest who happens to be right in that area for those 5, 10 min, to come in and test. This is how they did New Fantasy Land stuff over at MK back in 2014. I'm not sure there was ever any official Soft Openings, but honestly can't remember. I know for sure they pulled guests in "off the street" briefly. So if that vlogger is talking about that type of soft opening, then yeah. If they are trying to claim there will be an official AP or DVC event prior to 6/30, that's entirely different.

LilyWDW, vinotinto and rteetz like this.
  13. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Not confirmed in anyway at all. Don't expect anything. I wouldn't be surprised if something happens but don't expect it.

Hopefully likes this.
  14. 11290

11290 DIS Veteran

"Some" CM's are doing "test & adjust" on Slinky Dog (only - nothing else) starting yesterday and continuing thru mid next week. First reports from yesterday was that it was a lot of fun and better than expected (FWIW)

AngiTN, Hopefully and anneboleyn like this.
  15. DizneyMommy

DizneyMommy Every Day is Disneyland Day!

Awesome. We go home 6/21. :rolleyes:

16. vinotinto

vinotinto Just Keep Swimming

I was at the right place at the right time when the new Fantasyland soft opened in October 2014. I saw a bunch of CMs with ipads, etc. and decided to check it out. They don't advertise it and they don't make an official event. You just have to be there and you may be in luck. I would be surprised if they *don't* have a soft opening. They have to test in a more controlled environment than when they fully open. And I think they eventually want to test with more than just CMs. The issue is that the soft "opening" will be limited, so it will be easy to miss and it will not be advertised.

P.S. - The New Fanstasyland soft opening was for whoever was around. Unrelated to DVC/AP.

AngiTN likes this.
  17. gharter

gharter DIS Veteran

Adult only trips are really fun. We loved taking our kids when they were young. Now we enjoy going with just the 2 of us. Enjoy!

vinotinto likes this.
  18. FastPasser.

FastPasser. DIS Veteran

Did it today and I agree.

19. 11290

11290 DIS Veteran

I didn't make the cut in the lottery. Won't be back until the 18th so didn't have much of a chance.

20. Fruto76

Fruto76 DIS Veteran

We are AP and we participated in Fantasyland soft opening via email invitation.

21. vinotinto

vinotinto Just Keep Swimming

But the "official" AP previews came later...like towards the end of October. Whereas they would open the new Fantasyland without giving any heads up to those just there at the moment. We saw it Columbus Day weekend, earlier than the beginning of the AP previews.

My point is that the AP event is coming later and it won't be a soft opening. TSL is opening in a couple of weeks. I don't think they have time to do an official AP event. But, I do believe they can still do a soft opening without any heads up in the weeks leading up to it. They will just quietly let people in who are in the area.

AngiTN likes this.