• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Toy Story Land - soft opening chances?

BigredNole

DIS Veteran
We are Platinum AP holders. We arrive later tonight. Wondering what the odds of a soft opening for Pixar Place may be while there over the next week?

Not sure what having an AP has to do with it? They already announced the special events for AP's are in September.
Exactly. If they had any soft openings it wouldn't have anything to do with being an AP. It would have everything to do with being in the right place at the right exact second. And that is going to be extremely small chance. Since it's not even likely they'll open and pull people off the "street" to come in. I mean, I'd never say never and for sure wouldn't vulture around the entrance hoping for it. Go about your regular day at HS and if you get lucky, you get lucky.

According to other youtube blogs, TSL will be having soft openings somewhere between 6/22 and 6/27.HOw many and how it will work wasn't spelled out. I'm surprised that if they have the soft openings, that they arn't having AP or DVC times during these dates.

According to other youtube blogs, TSL will be having soft openings somewhere between 6/22 and 6/27.HOw many and how it will work wasn't spelled out. I'm surprised that if they have the soft openings, that they arn't having AP or DVC times during these dates.
You have 2 CM on DIS telling everyone that there are no planned soft openings and not to expect any, have Disney already announcing the AP "preview" in September, and you still expect them to announce AP and DVC previews prior to Media days? From all reliable sources, they are going to have work 24/7 to get AS2 completed on time and only SDD is open during the CM pep rally training events.

Theres always different rumors and different sources. The one I was quoting has generally turned out correct. Guess we will see which ones are correct. Doesn't really matter to me as we won't be there for it anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see that they open the gate for oh, 5, 10 min and ask any guest who happens to be right in that area for those 5, 10 min, to come in and test. This is how they did New Fantasy Land stuff over at MK back in 2014. I'm not sure there was ever any official Soft Openings, but honestly can't remember. I know for sure they pulled guests in "off the street" briefly. So if that vlogger is talking about that type of soft opening, then yeah. If they are trying to claim there will be an official AP or DVC event prior to 6/30, that's entirely different.

Not confirmed in anyway at all. Don't expect anything. I wouldn't be surprised if something happens but don't expect it.

"Some" CM's are doing "test & adjust" on Slinky Dog (only - nothing else) starting yesterday and continuing thru mid next week. First reports from yesterday was that it was a lot of fun and better than expected (FWIW)

Awesome. We go home 6/21. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see that they open the gate for oh, 5, 10 min and ask any guest who happens to be right in that area for those 5, 10 min, to come in and test. This is how they did New Fantasy Land stuff over at MK back in 2014. I'm not sure there was ever any official Soft Openings, but honestly can't remember. I know for sure they pulled guests in "off the street" briefly. So if that vlogger is talking about that type of soft opening, then yeah. If they are trying to claim there will be an official AP or DVC event prior to 6/30, that's entirely different.
I was at the right place at the right time when the new Fantasyland soft opened in October 2014. I saw a bunch of CMs with ipads, etc. and decided to check it out. They don't advertise it and they don't make an official event. You just have to be there and you may be in luck. I would be surprised if they *don't* have a soft opening. They have to test in a more controlled environment than when they fully open. And I think they eventually want to test with more than just CMs. The issue is that the soft "opening" will be limited, so it will be easy to miss and it will not be advertised.

P.S. - The New Fanstasyland soft opening was for whoever was around. Unrelated to DVC/AP.

I was at the right place at the right time when the new Fantasyland soft opened in October 2014. I saw a bunch of CMs with ipads, etc. and decided to check it out. They don't advertise it and they don't make an official event. You just have to be there and you may be in luck. I would be surprised if they *don't* have a soft opening. They have to test in a more controlled environment than when they fully open. And I think they eventually want to test with more than just CMs. The issue is that the soft "opening" will be limited, so it will be easy to miss and it will not be advertised.

P.S. - The New Fanstasyland soft opening was for whoever was around. Unrelated to DVC/AP.

Adult only trips are really fun. We loved taking our kids when they were young. Now we enjoy going with just the 2 of us. Enjoy!

We are AP and we participated in Fantasyland soft opening via email invitation.

We are AP and we participated in Fantasyland soft opening via email invitation.
But the "official" AP previews came later...like towards the end of October. Whereas they would open the new Fantasyland without giving any heads up to those just there at the moment. We saw it Columbus Day weekend, earlier than the beginning of the AP previews.

My point is that the AP event is coming later and it won't be a soft opening. TSL is opening in a couple of weeks. I don't think they have time to do an official AP event. But, I do believe they can still do a soft opening without any heads up in the weeks leading up to it. They will just quietly let people in who are in the area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter