TOWL

luckyman_apd

DIS Veteran
Anyone know what the current status of TOWL with covid safety measures in place? Got a weekend trip coming up.. airline credit we're using... Upgraded to a 1 br stay over our usual studio si ce it will be a more resort oriented trip. Gotta get out of here for a break. Even rented a car to avoid people as much as we can. I'm a night owl and always enjoy grabbing a drink or 3 at the lounge when the family crashes. Curious if it's open... Reduced hours if so?

Anyone know what the current status of TOWL with covid safety measures in place? Got a weekend trip coming up.. airline credit we're using... Upgraded to a 1 br stay over our usual studio si ce it will be a more resort oriented trip. Gotta get out of here for a break. Even rented a car to avoid people as much as we can. I'm a night owl and always enjoy grabbing a drink or 3 at the lounge when the family crashes. Curious if it's open... Reduced hours if so?
Still not open. But....head over to Cali Grill and ask for lounge seating. Now, only open I think until 10. But we had no problem last night at about 7:30 for lounge seating. I would guess weekend would be less easy but you could try. The Wave lounge is open and a CM told us Outer Rim is opening shortly for weekends only.

TOWL will not open. There are three choices facing management: 1) make the lounge a space only for DVC members staying at BLT, 2) open to the public with fee and not just DVC to increase revenue, 3) Open to all DVC members with fee. None make money and the denial of access will be a constant public relations nightmare. It will stay closed until someone, maybe you, can figure out a solution that makes financial sense. Obviously, there is no solution.

I feel like there has to be some solution that works. Open for lunch - offer a compelling menu. Or do a brunch with a view. Station a photopass photog out on the deck for photos - could add a magic shot unique to TotWL. Consider supplementing a potential mid afternoon lull with something like sangria university or the tequila experience -- make it a destination. Require reservations for some timeframe before and after fireworks and limit to either DVC currently staying on property or DVC overall. It's a great space, there must be a way to make it profitable and attract business outside of fireworks hours, if they wanted to try.

Open for lunch - offer a compelling menu.

But they don't have a kitchen.

Or do a brunch with a view.

Again: Kitchen.

This is why their menu is mostly bar and things that are easily brought over from the kitchen they use - at The Wave.

Extensive food really requires either full catering or a kitchen. And by full catering, I mean more of a bulk plating, or full buffet setup with a limited time slot (which is fundamentally how they do some of the DVC member events).

Anyone know of the deck is open at least ? I read it was around the 4th but not sure if that's still the case

We will be there for the 50th on October 1 and I’m expecting it to at least be open like it was for the 4th then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter