TouringPlans.com? Did the plan save you time?

There's a button where you can select "reduce walking", so even though it automatically optimizes, it does take into account that you don't want to do as much back and forth criss-crossing. You can also select walking speed, to slower, if you need to travel slower for children, older people etc...

Perfect, thanks! I appreciate everyone's responses and feedback!!!

I love Touring Plans but have only used it for WDW. I know they have a Universal section also. We're doing both for our trip in August. Will I get access to both areas of the website when I sign up or do you sign up specifically for one set of parks only?
You need to sign up for each park separately. I found Universal useful because I'm less familiar with it. Having said that I've found lines to be less accurate. We hopped into a Simpsons line that the app said was 15 min and it was almost an hour. Most weren't off by as much as that. But at WDW they've always been spot on.

There's a button where you can select "reduce walking", so even though it automatically optimizes, it does take into account that you don't want to do as much back and forth criss-crossing. You can also select walking speed, to slower, if you need to travel slower for children, older people etc...
Even with that option it has sent me from Fantasyland over to Splash and then back to Fantasyland. So minimise walking doesn't stop crisscrossing if it thinks it will save you time overall.

Even with that option it has sent me from Fantasyland over to Splash and then back to Fantasyland. So minimise walking doesn't stop crisscrossing if it thinks it will save you time overall.

You may not be able to use that option then. You'll just have to use evaluate and try different options, see what's best.

I think touring plans is a necessity for first timers or short weekers who want to see as much as they can. Otherwise, I agree, kick back a little bit, and use the app as a guideline of wait times and available FPs. It also lets you enter meal times and rest times so that you can alter your plan accordingly. And, the website is excellent, provides room views of every WDW resort room, distances to lobby, transportation, and more, and will fax a room request when the time comes. With all that, the price is well worth it.

I use every single trip. I create my own plan to get an idea of how our day will go regarding waits, then I plug in desired FP times. Once I book the FP, I go back in and adjust the plan. it is very helpful since it tells you how long it takes to walk from ride to ride. you can also plug in meals and breaks to get a more exact plan. (it drives DH crazy when I say "ok time for a bathroom break" lol)

I find that after a few trips you should be able to do it yourself. I don't see the real value in it for experienced guests but for the cost it can't hurt if you gain even one thing from it.

My only concern with the optimize plan is criss-crossing the park too much. I definitely want to be strategic and avoid wearing everyone out with too much walking. Thoughts on that?

Honestly I use evaluate instead of optimize. But as some have said you can reduce walking in the settings. I am using the "relaxed" pace of walking to give us a little more cushion. I put the activities in the order I think we want to go and then evaluate and move around and then evaluate again if needed. I also tend to read a lot of easywdw plans and make my own to plug into TP from his suggestions.

You may not be able to use that option then. You'll just have to use evaluate and try different options, see what's best.
I always start with Optimise and then move the few bits I don't like then evaluate. Was just saying that choosing minimise walking doesn't stop all crisscrossing, though it does reduce it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter