Touring Plans

happilyeverfirstgrade

Earning My Ears
Is the info on Touring plans: the park plans, lines app, etc worth it? I mean I seem to find all those things on other sites for free. Are they different enough to make it worth it in your opinion?

Two very successful trips with the touring plan subscription and then the app in the parks. We never had to wait longer than 15 minutes for rides by utilizing Fast Passes and Touring plans strategies for the rides. Third trip during covid times was different. Their plans made no sense to us on this trip (ie: rope drop Small World????? Say what now?) so we didn't follow it but did use it to "cross rides" off once we did them and then used the app to see what Touring plans was saying for wait times vs Disney Experience. But the metrics must be very difficult to calculate at present with all the restrictions, capacity limits and no Fast passes. We will continue to use Touring Plans in the future though.

Here's what makes it worth it to me:

Making your own personalized Touring Plan in a matter of minutes. Everything else is gravy on top.

I've seen the app make some pretty amazing predictions for wait times in the past, too. I've seen the TP app's wait times be more accurate in real time than mde on several occasions, and twice, I saw the posted wait time on an attraction's sign change to the TP app's wait time as we were walking to the line. So TP's wait time showed 15 minutes. MDE AND the attraction's sign outside of the attraction said 35 minutes. As we walked past the sign in the park, it changed to 15 minutes. That was IASW right around noon one day. My whole family saw it. Silly, yes, but it was cool as hell. I felt like Nostradamus for a few seconds. That was a short lived feeling, however, because as soon as we got on the boats, I remembered that ride is just barely on the verge of being a horror movie set.

Another long time user.
Love the line app. Very accurate if many in the park are posting.
Given all the changes, I find little value in the crowd calendar. Other than Disney, I don't anyone knows how busy a park will be on any given day.
For what we spend on a WDW trip, the little we pay for touring plans is well worth it.

I first bought their book in 1989 -- It made Christmas trip days that were previous horrible a fun day. I've been a fan ever since. I don't get the book, but I do the online subscription every year I am doing a Disney trip. There is a lot you can access from their site without subscribing too. With how expensive Disney tickets are I like their day of last minute updates and access to the app, and it's worth the $18 to me. I like to look at their premium plans too, even though the one I end up doing is custom and would be free.

My subscription has run out, but I will subscribe next month as the subscription lasts for a year and my next trip is March of 2022.

Just paid for Touring Plans. Can someone please help me find how to be able to incorporate rope drop into a touring plan. Specifically for HS, it won’t let me go earlier than 915am

After over 10 trips, I find that I don't need to rely on the crowd calendar so much...I sorta already know what to expect and how to plan accordingly. For this year's Sept. trip, I think it may provide some useful current data for planning the closer I get to my trip dates. They do update often if their data shifts significantly. But I think what I like most about it is that it is a great place for me to store my plans, ADR's, notes, etc. I can go in and play with different park scenarios to get a better idea of timing of meals or breaks. It's a fun diversion until the big day comes!

Just paid for Touring Plans. Can someone please help me find how to be able to incorporate rope drop into a touring plan. Specifically for HS, it won’t let me go earlier than 915am
What time is HS scheduled to open on the day you’re planning? The program only lets you plan for 45 minutes before opening.

In the Lines app: click "Plans" on the lower-left of the screen. Select your plan. In the upper-right of the screen, click the little pencil icon to edit the plan. Under "Plan Start" click the pencil icon to edit the time (I put in 8:15 for a 9AM HS opening).

Given the fact it is less than $20/year (or about the price of a hamburger at WDW), I find it well worth the money.

Is it worth $100/year? Probably not to me anyway. But $18/year? Definitely worth it to me.
Very much this. TouringPlans has priced themselves well. <$20 /year is an easy upgrade for most people. I plan on using the data more than I have in the past since there is no FP+ to rely on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter