Touring Plans "Lines" app vs. WDW posted wait times

33Legend

Mouseketeer
We will be at WDW Nov. 10-19.

For those of you that have experience with the Touring Plans "Lines" app, what is more accurate. The parks posted tomes or the Lines app?

It varies.
I love the Touring Plans app and post times for every ride we do.
It is only as accurate as the people using it and posting true wait times. If not many people are posting wait times, its not very useful or accurate.
On days when lots of people are using it, its great and seems more accurate.

I've never been able to post the wait times when I'm there (I do have a TP subscription). Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I recall using some sort of spinning dial to pick the wait time and then I had no way to actually submit it (this was in April 2018 but I hope to use it for our trip next week).

ok I now have to add this - I was going to get my phone to see what I was seeing in the app and I had a text from touring plans that the California Grill ADR I've been searching through for months is available and I got it. Woo hoo, thank you touringplans!

ok, where was I... I guess I can't see the screen I would normally see to post the wait time because I'm not physically there.

If I were there, how would I post it? I am logged in w/ my subscription. TIA!

oh and to answer the question, during our last trip I did find lines more accurate than the posted wait times at the rides and on MDE.

On the app, click the park you want, click the attraction. In teh upper right corner is +Time, click that.
You have a drop down to enter posted time or time your wait.
Select one, then which queue you are in.
Then you can add the time or tome your wait.
At least its this way on Android.
Hope that helps.

I confess I don't take time to post wait times on the TP app, but it seems to be more accurate, especially when the TP app shows a shorter wait time than the Disney one. Or Disney just inflates wait times so people won't be upset if their actual wait time is longer than the posted one-

In 2015 I found the “Magic Guide” app more accurate than TP and MDX for line waits EXCEPT when the ride was down which never showed up...even though I had reported it several times. Because of this minor issue I checked all three apps while we walked to a ride. I have all 3 ready to go again for our 2020 trip.

The Magic Guide app does have commercials now if you don’t use the paid version but for a quick check of ride times I haven’t had any issue with testing.

I use both Lines and the Disney app. I feel most confident of the results when they agree. When they don't, Lines has usually (but not always) been more accurate. Looking at both gives me a best case/worst case scenario when they disagree. I'm basing that on a grand total of 5 or so park days, so take it with a grain of salt!

The TP lines app is almost always more accurate. WDW tends to overestimate the wait time, on purpose. Right before park close (when you wouldn't need the TP app anyway), WDW raises the wait time really high to discourage people from getting in line. Generally speaking during most of the day, the WDW posted times run 10 or so minutes higher than it really is, but no guarantee. Even TP Isn't perfect, but it's fairly close.

That's the only thing we use TP for, the rest of it is garbage, IMO.

The TP lines app is almost always more accurate. WDW tends to overestimate the wait time, on purpose. Right before park close (when you wouldn't need the TP app anyway), WDW raises the wait time really high to discourage people from getting in line. Generally speaking during most of the day, the WDW posted times run 10 or so minutes higher than it really is, but no guarantee. Even TP Isn't perfect, but it's fairly close.

That's the only thing we use TP for, the rest of it is garbage, IMO.
Right, WDW lists their wait times strategically, where TP lists the wait times factually.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter