DisneyMom93

DisneyMom
Hi. My husband is thinking of moving our DW trips to January, possibly February, instead of November as usual. I've been trying to research when the large groups, or tour groups, such as Cheerleaders, 15s, Mardi Gras, Pop Warner, etc have their visits to Disney World park and resorts.

I haven't found any one thread that has all the info including specific dates. I see general info such as "January," "February," and/or "July," but is it the entire month?

Does anyone know the actual DATES or at least "First two weeks," "Last week," etc.

(Please don't make this thread about how rude each group is, or how "they're just having fun", or all the problems they may, or may not, cause. If it turns into a debate the thread may be moved or closed.)

Once I get more specific dates I can list them here in the for future reference. Thanks so much for your help!

Here are the basics I've compiled:

15s / Quinceanera Jan, Feb, late Jun, Jul, early Aug

Cheer Feb, Mar, Jun, and Jul

Dance Feb, Mar, Jun and Jul ??

Mardi Gras Feb, Mar

Spring Break Mar, Apr

Pop Warner Dec (first week?)

Last edited:
Here is January info if you move from November to January.

The 15s----ALL of January(BUT NOTHING LIKE THE NUMBERS IN JULY!!!!)

College Cheerleading and Dance Championship----January 18-20 This Year("similar" dates each January)

I know there’s Cheer Stuff mid February (HS cheer weekend of 8th & Twirl Mania weekend of 15th for sure)
There’s also a big Run Disney event the weekend of Feb 22

who or what are the 15's
Latinas (Brazi,Argentina, etc) who turn 15 either get a really big party (similar to a Sweet Sixteen) or a vacation trip and they all seem to choose Disney World for it. They go during their time off from school which is January, February, and July.

who or what are the 15's

The 15s are Tour Groups of South American girls celebrating their 15th Birthday.

They are FAMOUS for their matching Backpacks and shirts and for their LARGE numbers!

Most are given the choice of a LARGE party at home or a trip to WDW(some will also go to NYC and Miami and Bahamas)and,in addition to WDW,most will also go to Universal,Sea World,Busch Gardens,etc.

Some will also have Private Parties(some with South American entertainers),attend Orlando Magic games,etc. as well as Quinceanera celebrations in World ShowPlace.

The largest numbers,BY FAR,are from Brazil and Argentina with smaller numbers from Uruguay,Paraguay,Chile,Venezuela,etc.

It is VERY interesting when Brazil and Argentina encounter each other-they DO NOT like each other-mainly because of Soccer.

Their rivalry is like Alabama v. Auburn or Ohio State v. Michigan on STEROIDS!:)

The "main" months for the migration of The 15s are late June/July/early August for their Winter Break and January/February for their Summer Break.

I am very familiar with The 15s as we go every July for my Birthday and,for the most part,they are really nice young ladies,but they can get "out of hand" at times!lol:)

They now use Private Buses alot and that has helped greatly as has the introduction of the Super Greeters in the Summer.

I present to you the LEGENDARY PHENOMENON KNOWN AS THE 15s!lol:)

28358124802_af8d3bbc05_c.jpg

Last edited:

The 15s are Tour Groups of South American girls celebrating their 15th Birthday.

They are FAMOUS for their matching Backpacks and shirts and for their LARGE numbers!

Most are given the choice of a LARGE party at home or a trip to WDW(some will also go to NYC and Miami and Bahamas)and,in addition to WDW,most will also go to Universal,Sea World,Busch Gardens,etc.

Some will also have Private Parties(some with South American entertainers),attend Orlando Magic games,etc. as well as Quinceanera celebrations in World ShowPlace.

The largest numbers,BY FAR,are from Brazil and Argentina with smaller numbers from Uruguay,Paraguay,Chile,Venezuela,etc.

It is VERY interesting when Brazil and Argentina encounter each other-they DO NOT like each other-mainly because of Soccer.

Their rivalry is like Alabama v. Auburn or Ohio State v. Michigan on STEROIDS!:)

The "main" months for the migration of The 15s are late June/July/early August for their Winter Break and January/February for their Summer Break.

I am very familiar with The 15s as we go every July for my Birthday and,for the most part,they are really nice young ladies,but they can get "out of hand" at times!lol:)

They now use Private Buses alot and that has helped greatly as has the introduction of the Super Greeters in the Summer.

I present to you the LEGENDARY PHENOMENON KNOWN AS THE 15s!lol:)

28358124802_af8d3bbc05_c.jpg

What are "super greeters?" Thanks!

What are "super greeters?" Thanks!
The Super Greeters are College Students.

They are all from Brazil(Green is the color of their flag and the Brazil flag is on their green shirts) and are brought in every July to "work" with the South American Tour Groups(They are also used to "interact" with Portuguese-speaking Guests).:)

They are assigned to every resort that houses the SATGs as well as every Park,Water Park and Disney Springs.

They are really cool people-they love WDW-MANY of them have previously done IPs at WDW.:)

Their main job is to keep the Brazil Tour Groups and Argentina Tour Groups away from each other!lol;):)

We are going 1/28-2/3 and I know there is a dance competition that weekend. You can find a lot of the specific dates on the wide world of sports events page. The first weekend of March has contest of champions

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!