Tortola Excursion without Lunch

Fantasyfanatic

Earning My Ears
We booked the baths tour for our day in Tortola, but the package with the lunch was already full. Has anyone done the one without food and have any recommendations of how they did their day? We were thinking we might just be able to get back on the boat for lunch since its only a 4 hour trip without lunch, but would it be better to just pack snacks and eat at port so we can do something else until we have to be back on the ship? Our group has 15 people in it, with a mix of children and adults.

We booked the baths tour for our day in Tortola, but the package with the lunch was already full. Has anyone done the one without food and have any recommendations of how they did their day? We were thinking we might just be able to get back on the boat for lunch since its only a 4 hour trip without lunch, but would it be better to just pack snacks and eat at port so we can do something else until we have to be back on the ship? Our group has 15 people in it, with a mix of children and adults.
We did The Baths without lunch and ate on the ship when we returned. We had an “all aboard” time of 2pm and returned via the water ferry close to 1:15. You can bring snacks to hold the hungry ones over.

We did the 4 hour Baths tour as well, we ate when we returned to ship.
There is a snack bar at the baths that sells drinks and some foods.
We had an all aboard of 2pm.

Have fun!

When is your cruise? I thought Tortola has been taken off the itineraries in the near future.

ETA the port for Tortola will partially reopen next month. http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/artic...-port-in-british-virgin-islands-set-to-reopen

Last edited:
Yeah. Not sure the conditions at the Baths. My understanding is the bathrooms and snack bar buildings got taken out entirely.

We just did the half day at the end of August. The half day was plenty. I'd recommend bringing some snacks to tide you over until you get back to the ship. The snack bar didn't have much choice.

When is your cruise? I thought Tortola has been taken off the itineraries in the near future.
We are set to sail on December 30th, so as of right now our itinerary hasn't been changed yet. We did just see that they changed everything before us to Western, so we won't be surprised if they switch us. We are just playing it by ear for now and making plans as if we are going and will reevaluate if we hear otherwise, since I think as of right now, we are the first itinerary back into the Virgin Islands post storms. I didn't think about checking into specific excursions though so that is a good point. The other excursion we were planning on was Magen's Bay in St. Thomas.

Last edited:
We did the 4 hour Baths tour as well, we ate when we returned to ship.
There is a snack bar at the baths that sells drinks and some foods.
We had an all aboard of 2pm.

Have fun!
This was true for us as well. We finished the tour and took the shuttle back to the port..then back to the ship for lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter