Torch lighting ceremony at Polynesian Resort

JanetRose

...what was the meaning of the big white glove?
Does anyone know if it is done every night and about what time? Thanks.

Just got back from a fantastic stay at the Poly. As far as the Torch Lighting Ceremony is concerned: It is held Tuesday thru Saturday at 6PM. It's a very short ceremony but definitely worth checking out. I did find it funny that all of the torches around the resort were lit by 5:30pm at the latest but the Torch Lighting Ceremony was at 6PM!:laughing:

Just got back from a fantastic stay at the Poly. As far as the Torch Lighting Ceremony is concerned: It is held Tuesday thru Saturday at 6PM. It's a very short ceremony but definitely worth checking out. I did find it funny that all of the torches around the resort were lit by 5:30pm at the latest but the Torch Lighting Ceremony was at 6PM!:laughing:
Thanks for that info, because when my family and I stay at the Polynesian in December this is something we would want to see. Can you please tell me where this takes place? I am sure it's outside, however we don't want to walk around in the wrong place trying to find it.

The torch lighting ceremony takes place just outside the ground floor, main entrance to the Great Ceremonial House. The large drums you will see on the right of the sidewalk opposite the bell stand are used during the ceremony.

Be on time becuase the cermemony is brief but worht seeing.

The torch lighting ceremony takes place just outside the ground floor, main entrance to the Great Ceremonial House. The large drums you will see on the right of the sidewalk opposite the bell stand are used during the ceremony.

Be on time becuase the cermemony is brief but worht seeing.
Thank you for that info. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter