Topper'n'Tags Swap Requirements

I can send you an extra child. I have a very cute curly haired 2 yr old (see avatar) who has started to throw tantrums when he doesn't get his way. If that is not appealing, I'll have to look through my stuff.

I'm a little late to the party (two pages ago) but I have met said cute curly haired 2 year old and I do agree on the cute part!:rotfl2:

K So I feel the need to contribute!

Welcome newbies!!!!!

If anyone is worried about what they are making I would be happy to look for pictures from my first swap that included the most ginormous photo mats and tags you have ever seen!!!!:rotfl: I did them totally by hand since I had almost no tools (My 'scrapbooking' skills a year and a few months ago consisted of putting Disney pics on mat stacks and putting them on fun disney paper with some stickers). I think a 4x6 picture would have fit on the tag (it said LARGE right?) and I think I added almost an inch to each mat over the 4x6 one so you can only imagine how BIG they were!

Anwyay, these lovely ladies were a wealth of information and no one will ever get upset if you ask questions!

As a recent hostess here's my advice - don't do more than you can truly handle within the due dates (although true newbies are usually very anxious and get done fast!) and if you aren't sure about something, post or PM the hostess to see what's ok and what isn't. The guidelines are there to make sure that the playing field is even - so that when Hope makes an elaborate & amazing (wait till you see her stuff) paper piecing, she gets back quality pieces that have equal love and work put into them. Not to pick on Hope but it was a good example! That doesn't mean that anyone should be intimidated by others who can do great paper piecings or matchbooks, or whatever - we all have different strengths and that's what makes the swaps so great!

I would also be happy to answer any newbie questions and I will be signing up for this swap, since, did I mention - I'm done all my other ones!!!!! (And will have the quote swap out the door this weekend).

Ok - I'm done being inspired. I'm tired.

(And I rhymed!)

G'night!

Maria

OMG! I'm watching it now..and I'm about ready to smack around several of them..especially the one that got frustrated and wasn't gonna feed the baby..and than when the mom stepped in.. she got mad that the mom was upset her baby didn't eat... You can't just turn off motherhood.. hello, it's a 24/7 job! My kids are amazed and how unprepared they are considering they all were signing their praises in the preshow interviews!

K So I feel the need to contribute!

Welcome newbies!!!!!

If anyone is worried about what they are making I would be happy to look for pictures from my first swap that included the most ginormous photo mats and tags you have ever seen!!!!:rotfl: I did them totally by hand since I had almost no tools (My 'scrapbooking' skills a year and a few months ago consisted of putting Disney pics on mat stacks and putting them on fun disney paper with some stickers). I think a 4x6 picture would have fit on the tag (it said LARGE right?) and I think I added almost an inch to each mat over the 4x6 one so you can only imagine how BIG they were!

Anwyay, these lovely ladies were a wealth of information and no one will ever get upset if you ask questions!

As a recent hostess here's my advice - don't do more than you can truly handle within the due dates (although true newbies are usually very anxious and get done fast!) and if you aren't sure about something, post or PM the hostess to see what's ok and what isn't. The guidelines are there to make sure that the playing field is even - so that when Hope makes an elaborate & amazing (wait till you see her stuff) paper piecing, she gets back quality pieces that have equal love and work put into them. Not to pick on Hope but it was a good example! That doesn't mean that anyone should be intimidated by others who can do great paper piecings or matchbooks, or whatever - we all have different strengths and that's what makes the swaps so great!

I would also be happy to answer any newbie questions and I will be signing up for this swap, since, did I mention - I'm done all my other ones!!!!! (And will have the quote swap out the door this weekend).

Ok - I'm done being inspired. I'm tired.

(And I rhymed!)

G'night!

Maria

It's true, they were HUGE. :lmao: But they were cute. You used good colors for them. :thumbsup2

Hostess are great about answering questions you may have about a particular requirement or how to make something or give advice on what you have already made. Feel free to send me photos at any time during the planning process for me to give you feedback about.

We only bite a little, just to infect you with the swapping addiction.

Mr. Mom like Lonestar? Are you a country music buff ms. buffy?

I LOVE that song!

well duh!!!! I actually like all types of music, but I listen to country the most. I flew from Hawaii to CT to see Garth play. How's that for crazed fan???

Seriously you should have known me during my clubin' days. We had a country bar on base and I was there from 7pm to 2 am every day. I had me some cowboys, yes I did! I even wrangled on and got hitched!

PSSST, I also say y'all, buggy, fixin' to, git, 6 of one, 1/2 dozen or the other, done got.

Not bad for a girl from South Jersey huh?

How about growin up thinkin your related to the Mountain Dew hillbilly, my daddy went to school with Porter and I still know all the words to "you met another and phhhttt, you were done!"
I'm a little bit country!
And yes I had me a cowboy too!
I love this group!
We need a cowboy smilely!
:hippie:

Ask and you shall receive.
3.gif

I found this one a while ago and TPCShauna has it in her siggie.

I have to tell you guys that instead of reading a book before I bed a read all of one or two threads! It makes for great reading and learning!

Maria, wonderful message and thank you! I really feel welcomed here and I know all of you will hold my hand.
Just like everyone else has delt I just hope my work is good enough and Im creative enough!

Hope, where do I go to see some of your "legendary" work? Is there one thread better than another?

AlexWyattmom, what is your name?

And thank you for the cowboy smilley!

Happy Trails Y'all!

Rita:hippie:

I found myself telling the idiot driver in front of me to Flock off... You should have seen DS12's face..

Mom what does that mean? I mean I know what you wanted to say..but why flock?

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:Holy cow, glad I wasn't drinkin anything when I read that.

PSSST, I also say y'all, buggy, fixin' to, git, 6 of one, 1/2 dozen or the other, done got.

Not bad for a girl from South Jersey huh?
Not bad at all! That's how we say it in my neck of the woods!

AlexWyattmom, what is your name?

Rita:hippie:

You mean in real life, not the "hey you", "mean mom", "Alex's Mom" or "Wyatt's Mom"?:rotfl2:

It's Ann. It's just as easy to type AWM as a siggy as the other. I feel more like an AlexWyattMommy than an Ann these days.

Whenever I talk about you (AWM) I refer to you as AlexWyattMommy or AWM. DH always looks at me wierd and then says "Oh, you're talking about *ANN*", he remembers you from my very first swap! (mainly because he sent a prepaid metered stamp thing instead of actual stamps or cash despite my explicit instructions...:rotfl:

I've been sending email to my family and I sign it AWM.
:rotfl2:
Drives my mom crazy because she can't remember why I do that. Growing up I would have had AMK as initials. She thinks I'm dyslexic and can't spell.

i like to call her AWM as well!!! dh said why don't you call her Ann (he has also see mail to her) and i said i like AWM better!!! -he just looks at me like nutty!!!

I've been sending email to my family and I sign it AWM.
:rotfl2:
Drives my mom crazy because she can't remember why I do that. Growing up I would have had AMK as initials. She thinks I'm dyslexic and can't spell.

my family would think i'm nuts if i signed my email PO3!!!!!

I don't even have a shortcut for Missesdisney!

And I'm not sure it's not supposed to be Missusdisney since it was supposed to be Mrs. spelled out. DH came up with it.

I don't even have a shortcut for Missesdisney!

And I'm not sure it's not supposed to be Missusdisney since it was supposed to be Mrs. spelled out. DH came up with it.

All this time I thought it was because you were missing Disney.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter