Topolinos no longer allows more than one entree?

I'm glad we got to experience this prior to the change. We were there in November and were allowed to order 1 small side. The food and character interaction was amazing. It was one of the first character meals my husband felt was worth the price tag. It would have been nice if they could have just made the policy firm in that you were allowed to order 1 small side only. Or keep the add-on sides to things like eggs, potatoes, bacon vs small portions of the entrees. I do wonder how this order extra even started? Do they allow you to order extra or add sides at Cinderella's Royal Table (that's the only other comparable character breakfast I can think of that isn't AYCE)?
My experience at CRT back in Sept of 2021 was that they brought my then 2 year old daughter her own appetizer of grapes and cheese and when she finished that plate they brought her more and also brought me extra of certain fixings on my charcuiterie appetizer because I had run out of some things before ejoying others. They then offered my 2 year old a couple different entree options I dont remember what the options were but she did get some sort of small entree and they brought her a smaller version of the children's dessert, all free of charge. I would have gladly paid for her meal but was not given the option to, they told me "no no she gets this this and this complimentary".

At CRT when we went when my daughter was under 3, they made her eggs and didn’t charge us for it.

My experience at CRT back in Sept of 2021 was that they brought my then 2 year old daughter her own appetizer of grapes and cheese and when she finished that plate they brought her more and also brought me extra of certain fixings on my charcuiterie appetizer because I had run out of some things before ejoying others. They then offered my 2 year old a couple different entree options I dont remember what the options were but she did get some sort of small entree and they brought her a smaller version of the children's dessert, all free of charge. I would have gladly paid for her meal but was not given the option to, they told me "no no she gets this this and this complimentary".
At CRT when we went when my daughter was under 3, they made her eggs and didn’t charge us for it.
These insights prove to me that what made Disney experiences special, are those moments of pixie dust, where customers are made to feel special. The new changes at Topolinos gets rid of a lot of that sentiment. I understand that some people were taking advantage of the loose policy so they are correcting. But now at the cost of marginalizing a lot of other good customers. It's a shame.

These insights prove to me that what made Disney experiences special, are those moments of pixie dust, where customers are made to feel special. The new changes at Topolinos gets rid of a lot of that sentiment. I understand that some people were taking advantage of the loose policy so they are correcting. But now at the cost of marginalizing a lot of other good customers. It's a shame.
Topolinos used to give under 3 free food. Was shocked to find out we could get a single egg for our toddler and hadn’t planned food for her. We’ll be prepared next time we go, but definitely miss them giving free scrambled eggs

I'm getting more stressed about our May ADR. We already have to ask for an accommodation for an allergy, which I know is different than asking for multiple dishes. But at Tusker House and 'Ohana, they went above and beyond substituting items we could have for others we couldn't, I'm afraid Topolino's might be more strict and not do that? At this point I'm definitely overanalyzing, but I just don't want two hungry kids having meltdowns in the restaurant.

I'm getting more stressed about our May ADR. We already have to ask for an accommodation for an allergy, which I know is different than asking for multiple dishes. But at Tusker House and 'Ohana, they went above and beyond substituting items we could have for others we couldn't, I'm afraid Topolino's might be more strict and not do that? At this point I'm definitely overanalyzing, but I just don't want two hungry kids having meltdowns in the restaurant.
I really don’t think you have anything to worry about! Requesting a substitution due to an allergy has nothing to do with the current issue of people no longer being able to expect and/or ask for additional menu items. when you make your ADR Disney even has a place where you indicate any allergies and most servers ask again when you are seated if there are any allergies and they are happy to make accommodation.

They were very accommodating with my nephews peanut allergy. I would not stress

I’m in the same situation with a milk allergy. My stress isn’t that they won’t accommodate me, it’s that what I end up with won’t be anywhere near being worth the price tag. I’m going to cancel unless I see some changes to the menu or positive reports.

Topolinos has zero availability for breakfast from now to 60 days. It looks like it’s still a very popular experience. What are people seeing at the restaurant. Is it full with guests these days after these changes?

Topolinos has zero availability for breakfast from now to 60 days. It looks like it’s still a very popular experience. What are people seeing at the restaurant. Is it full with guests these days after these changes?
I went after the change was made on 3/11. The restaurant was packed; I didn't see a single empty table and there were a lot of people waiting to be seated (with reservations and walk ups). I did ask about the change and my server said that they no longer let people order a side entree, albeit in a snappy, passive aggressive tone. I had never been there before and wanted to try the waffle but not for $45. I ordered the quiche and enjoyed it but I don't think I would go again. Yes, I know you're paying for the character experience but even so I don't think the value is really there.

I wonder if the average guest knows about the policy change?
Exactly! I would never have know about the extra entree if I did not read it here. The average Disney guest will have zero idea or expectation of anything extra, it's not going to effect bookings at all. Cancel if this is a deal breaker, you will make another guest happy because I'm sure the reservation will be picked up in a heartbeat.

Exactly! I would never have know about the extra entree if I did not read it here. The average Disney guest will have zero idea or expectation of anything extra, it's not going to effect bookings at all. Cancel if this is a deal breaker, you will make another guest happy because I'm sure the reservation will be picked up in a heartbeat.
I was thinking it more from the other point of view. I think many people know of topolinos breakfast and how it all works but I doubt they stay up on policy changes. I can see there being a lot of disappointed diners.

I was thinking it more from the other point of view. I think many people know of topolinos breakfast and how it all works but I doubt they stay up on policy changes. I can see there being a lot of disappointed diners.
I don't think so, not for your average Disney guest, they have no idea an extra entree was ever an option. They book because it is a character breakfast and the restaurant has a good reputation. The extra entree was never a policy and it was never advertised, no where in the breakfast description was it ever mentioned. Was it a nice benefit? Yes. Is it a dealbreaker? For people on this board, it could very well be. But for the general public, not at all. It's not going to hurt their bookings at all.

From what I understand, this isn't a policy change so much as actually enforcing an existing policy. I think your average guest is going to see $45 for a character meal which is not a buffet, decent food and still way more than enough food. Even knowing the change, if I were into character meals I'd eat there. Looking at the menu and seeing a number of video reviews, I always knew there was no way I'd order an extra entre, when you added the pastries in, it was still way more food then I could eat.

I don't think so, not for your average Disney guest, they have no idea an extra entree was ever an option. They book because it is a character breakfast and the restaurant has a good reputation. The extra entree was never a policy and it was never advertised, no where in the breakfast description was it ever mentioned. Was it a nice benefit? Yes. Is it a dealbreaker? For people on this board, it could very well be. But for the general public, not at all. It's not going to hurt their bookings at all.
Only time will tell whether this makes a difference in bookings or not. I think those who book topolinos do have some idea about what to expect.

It was supposed to be some relatively easy pixie dust that the servers could offer the guests. When people started demanding said pixie dust is when they had to clamp it down.

It was supposed to be some relatively easy pixie dust that the servers could offer the guests. When people started demanding said pixie dust is when they had to clamp it down.
I don’t agree this was random pixie dust. Disney has done several breakfasts over the year that operate in the same way. California grill brunch was one, as well as narcoosees brunch. I’d say when people started abusing it, I’d when it had to end.

Well, considering there is zero availability for breakfast for the next 60 days, I don't see it as being a problem for Disney.
In MY opinion it will take awhile for word to get around regarding the change and diner experiences on whether they felt the value was still there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter